• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest Financial

Approx. 15 years ago I had a debt with Capquest which they took to court and I was ordered to pay £2.00 per month, I have paid this by direct debit ever since but they are now saying the Court Order has expired and I must fill in an income and outgoings form so they can recalculate my payments. Do Court Orders actually expire or are they just trying it on?
    Tags: None

Needing help

Comment

do you live in scotland?

Comment

need to know what was on the original court order details?? echat11 may be able to assist also?

Comment

Thankyou Mike, I will find the original order and get back to you. I live in England

Comment

As Mike says, more details needed about the debt and Court order.

Comment

Hi Mike, I still have the original court order which states £2.00 per month until debt is paid and at the time Capquest accepted this( as written on the order) please see below attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                As Mike says, more details needed about the debt and Court order.
                It says 2015, so where does the 15 years come into it?

'Approx. 15 years ago I had a debt with Capquest which they took to court and I was ordered to pay £2.00 per month'.

Comment

Debt was sold to Capquest in 2007, I had an agreement to pay £3.00 per month which I did until they wanted more money per month, when I said I couldn't pay more they got very aggressive and then I was issued with the Court papers in 2015. That is when the Court Order was made.

Comment

Originally posted by downtownman View Post
                    Debt was sold to Capquest in 2007, I had an agreement to pay £3.00 per month which I did until they wanted more money per month, when I said I couldn't pay more they got very aggressive and then I was issued with the Court papers in 2015. That is when the Court Order was made.
                    The Court order says '£2 until the debt has been paid off'. They were stupid enough to go to Court, if they think you have the ability to pay more, I believe they need to go to Court to change the amount. The Court Order is very 'explicit', '£2 until it's paid off'. It doesn't say anything about the amount being reviewed or varied.

Celestine

Comment

Thankyou Echat11, I will just continue to pay my £2.00 a month.As you say if they want me to pay more they would have to have the Order changed but I doubt the Court would change it has I am only on State Pension so all I can do is sit back and wait. Once again I am very grateful for your advice as these letters can be very worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by downtownman View Post
                        Thankyou Echat11, I will just continue to pay my £2.00 a month.As you say if they want me to pay more they would have to have the Order changed but I doubt the Court would change it has I am only on State Pension so all I can do is sit back and wait. Once again I am very grateful for your advice as these letters can be very worrying.
                        If you get anything else from them, update the thread. Also don't be scared to engage with them / set out your position. Also if you don't think your circumstances are going to change, you could consider asking them to write off the debt. Amend the template to suit your circumstances, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...rite-off-debt/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X