• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court forms received Lowell’s/Overdales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks ECHAT11 that’s what I suspected/hoped was the reason behind the further judges order as I personally obviously wasn’t happy with the lies in their witness statement anyway.
    I’m also happy that my documents did not require further info so it’s as positive as it can be I guess.
    Thanks again, I will follow your advice and update in due course.

Comment

• Just to update unfortunately after ringing the court today further fees have been paid by the Claimant but no further documents have been received yet as per the order(apparently they have to be produced a min of 7 days before the hearing according to the courts).
      I myself have not heard a thing from anyone at all.
      I was initially a bit disappointed to hear the fee was paid but nevermind their case is still not any stronger atm.

Comment

• Paperwork received today, same junk as before just in better order.
        Oh well see what happens next week.

Comment

• Just to finally update on the conclusion of all this, and to thank everyone soo much for the information and support received.

I went to court and basically lost but I also won in my mind and was happy with the outcome.
          It was completely supported at court that, I never should have been there/it never should have got to that stage and I had been honest throughout.
          Paperwork was never correct from Lowells everything wasn’t handled properly and that’s why I was at court.
          For me personally the fact that I did indeed obtain the goods(I never denied that)and a system screenshot was provided was the be all and end all in this case and the incorrect documentation throughout for the ownership of the debt and the right to enforce it really didn’t stand up at all.

Charges were waived, interest was waived and I avoided a CCJ so my honesty in my mind won in the end. I arranged a very fair and affordable payment plan during a short adjournment in the hearing where the judge basically told us to sort it amongst ourselves.

I don’t know maybe a different judge a different day and the outcome may have been different but for me I’m just glad the nightmare and stress is finally over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanxia View Post
            Just to finally update on the conclusion of all this, and to thank everyone soo much for the information and support received.

I went to court and basically lost but I also won in my mind and was happy with the outcome.
            It was completely supported at court that, I never should have been there/it never should have got to that stage and I had been honest throughout.
            Paperwork was never correct from Lowells everything wasn’t handled properly and that’s why I was at court.
            For me personally the fact that I did indeed obtain the goods(I never denied that)and a system screenshot was provided was the be all and end all in this case and the incorrect documentation throughout for the ownership of the debt and the right to enforce it really didn’t stand up at all.

Charges were waived, interest was waived and I avoided a CCJ so my honesty in my mind won in the end. I arranged a very fair and affordable payment plan during a short adjournment in the hearing where the judge basically told us to sort it amongst ourselves.

I don’t know maybe a different judge a different day and the outcome may have been different but for me I’m just glad the nightmare and stress is finally over.
            Well done for sticking to your guns, not a loss, charges waived, interest waived.

Did Lowell's compensate you for their handling of the matter?

If not, that is something you could consider.

Comment

• No they didn’t,

It was a strange situation and obviously all completely new to me to be honest I was too much of a nervous wreck to think
              of anything like that.
              The judge did really have a go at them well the Overdales rep on their behalf of how things were handled, and even the directions order re the paperwork in a certain order was not met for the actual hearing.
              I thought with my lack of knowledge that it was but the judge ripped into them for sending confusing documents that even he couldn’t understand so said that I had no hope.
              Reading that back I think they were really lucky on the day for whatever reason.
              Going forward I’m hoping to ride it a while then hopefully negotiate some sort of pay off deal with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanxia View Post
                No they didn’t,

It was a strange situation and obviously all completely new to me to be honest I was too much of a nervous wreck to think
                of anything like that.
                The judge did really have a go at them well the Overdales rep on their behalf of how things were handled, and even the directions order re the paperwork in a certain order was not met for the actual hearing.
                I thought with my lack of knowledge that it was but the judge ripped into them for sending confusing documents that even he couldn’t understand so said that I had no hope.
                Reading that back I think they were really lucky on the day for whatever reason.
                Going forward I’m hoping to ride it a while then hopefully negotiate some sort of pay off deal with them.
                If you wanted to (no stress involved), make a complaint to Lowell's, explain that you requested documentation, but they failed to provide the documentation, also all the other times they've let you down. Follow Lowell's complaints procedure. You might get some compensation.

https://www.lowell.co.uk/help-and-su...ur%20complaint.

Do exactly the same with Overdale's.

https://www.overdales.com/complaints...3%20111%200795.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X