• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group County Court Claim Original Lloyds Bank Credit Card 2002

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group County Court Claim Original Lloyds Bank Credit Card 2002

Hello thank you for this site it has calmed me down a little reading the previous threads but still very unclear on what to do.

I have sent letters to PRA Group reuqesting a copy of credit agreement and also the other template letter for the default notice and assignment.

I need to submit my defence within the next 2 days but not sure on what I need to do as I have not had a response and dont think I will get in time.

Original credit was with Lloyds bank enetered into in 2002.

Claim states in 2014 defendant defaulted and debt was assigned to PRA Dec 2020.

I really am now lost on wether I submit a defence defending all of claim or part of or wether I wait for their response.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you in advance!
    Tags: None

Juust state on such a date a request for CCA1974 was made no response received,

CPR31.14 you mean for items (only) mentioned in the court form at this stage i.e. you state assignment etc then state same on such a date - no response to request.

such old CCA then they have problems no doubt?? as a certified true copy with all the necessary info within. but time will tell, they will have to produce later in case if they have not done so by court timetable, or withdraw before losing their deposit?

also some storage facility (iron mountain fire) may be relevant here?
    Last edited by MIKE770; 1st February 2022, 08:58:AM.

Comment

submit a defence defending all of claim or part of -????? - wow just a minute clarification? when you acknowledged claim did you tick defend all???

Subject Access Request Letter to lloyds (no charge 30 days to respond) it may contain info for later in case? no charge but get proof posting keep all paperwork date order on file.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
        Juust state on such a date a request for CCA1974 was made no response received,

CPR31.14 you mean for items (only) mentioned in the court form at this stage i.e. you state assignment etc
        So do you mean I submit my defence and state awaiting information.
        Yes the claim form has on it a credit agreement enetred
        Defendant defauilted on agreement and debt was assigned to PRA Notices of assignement were sent it states.

Comment

Example Defence

Comment

If no payments made since assigned then it woould be statute barred

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              submit a defence defending all of claim or part of -????? - wow just a minute clarification? when you acknowledged claim did you tick defend all???

Subject Access Request Letter to lloyds (no charge 30 days to respond) it may contain info for later in case? no charge but get proof posting keep all paperwork date order on file.
              Hi thanks I put all of this claim

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                If no payments made since assigned then it woould be statute barred
                I can see my final payment was to a debt management company in August 2016

Comment

Disregard Limitation Act (unless you're in Scotland) as the account wont be time barred till August this year - the court claim has stopped the clock for now.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                    Disregard Limitation Act (unless you're in Scotland) as the account wont be time barred till August this year - the court claim has stopped the clock for now.
                    thanks for the info, I will submit the defence and see if I get the informatin requested thanks

Comment

Hi i am doign this online and it has asked me to type the defence do i just amend the example defence template and copy notes 1 to 18 and paste into the defence box or is it better to send in the post. Thank you!
                      Last edited by JohnWall77; 2nd February 2022, 18:09:PM.

Comment

Realy sorry for all the posts - this is my defence is this ok to post thanks you so much for you help

1.The Defendant received the claim ******* from the Northampton County Court Business Centre on ** January 2022.

2.Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3.This claim appears to be for a Credit Card agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4.The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5.The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim states the agreement was entered into on **/**/2002.

6.The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Lloyds plc to PRA Group (UK) Ltd on ** ******* 2020. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. It is denied that Lloyds Bank Plc served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant. The Claimant is required to prove that the any Default notice relied upon complied with the requirements of s88(4A) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the notice was in the prescribed form as required by The Consumer Credit Enforcement Default and Termination Notice Regulations 1983.

8. On the *** January 2022 The Defendant sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment

9. PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED has not sent any of these documents to the Defendant.

10.On the ****January 2022 The Defendant sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to PRA GROUP (UK) LIMITED pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

11.The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

12. The Defendant have asked the Claimant if we may agree to extend the time period allowed for filing of the defence pending receipt of documents (as allowed under CPR 15.5), but they have not responded to the request.

13.Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore, it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14.The Defendant respectfully requests the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for The Defendant to fully plead his case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15.In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimant, the Defendant will then be in a position to amend his defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16.It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Comment

Did you ask for a defence extension under CPR15.5? If not, delete 12.
                          Otherwise all looks ok
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                            Did you ask for a defence extension under CPR15.5? If not, delete 12.
                            Otherwise all looks ok
                            thank you for the advice do I just copy it into the defence box online

Comment

Yes that is easiest and I think it fits the word count limit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X