• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims Ebundle not submitted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims Ebundle not submitted

Hi,

would really appreciate some advice on this. I have a small claims hearing next week. I am the defendant. The court papers state that the claimant should have submitted an Ebundle to the court and to me no less than 3 days before the hearing on Wednesday. Am I correct in assuming that it should be working days? If so, they should have done that by Friday morning at the latest.

what happens next and what view will the court take on this?

thank you for your help.
    Tags: None

Hi SKYLADY6

Take a look at the example given -

https://www.civillitigationbrief.com...ocedure-rules/

Some help regards the litigation -

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Keep a note of what the Claimant hasn't adhered to regarding orders and CPR, then write out a summary, mark that for the attention of the Judge, send it into the Court with the case number etc. Make sure the Claimant gets a copy to (make sure you have Proof that they have received it, otherwise the Judge will discount it.

Comment

Thank you. That’s extremely helpful. Out of interest, say it gets to the day of the hearing and they haven’t submitted the Ebundle to the court or us, what would the outcome be likely to be?

thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Skylady6 View Post
        Thank you. That’s extremely helpful. Out of interest, say it gets to the day of the hearing and they haven’t submitted the Ebundle to the court or us, what would the outcome be likely to be?

thank you again
        It really depends how the Judge views their conduct and if 'court time' has been wasted because of that conduct.
        Normally things like that are reflected in costs against a party.

Update the thread to let us know how it goes.

Comment

Again, thank you. Your advice is very helpful. I know it’s probably wishful thinking because the whole thing really is a hassle of a joke that I’m sure/hopeful will end in my favour, but in light of this, is there any chance it won’t go ahead or will be immediately thrown out/delayed/dismissed?

thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Skylady6 View Post
            Again, thank you. Your advice is very helpful. I know it’s probably wishful thinking because the whole thing really is a hassle of a joke that I’m sure/hopeful will end in my favour, but in light of this, is there any chance it won’t go ahead or will be immediately thrown out/delayed/dismissed?

thank you again
            There's no point speculating.

Comment

Thank you. I know you’re right. I am trying to prepare myself for all possible scenarios and just wondered what those might be, if it might be thrown out, rescheduled or go ahead anyway despite the claimant not complying with the rules.

thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X