• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Issued to my Roofer - What next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Issued to my Roofer - What next?

I have been pursuing a claim against a roofer that half completed a job and what he did complete made a mess of.

Throughout the claims process, the roofer, has been communicating with me via FaceBook messenger and WhatsApp, regardless of me asking him to deal via the courts and has openly accepted liability for the claim and offered minimal repayment plans.

Even thou I told him to deal via the courts, he ignored all their letters, didn't attend the hearing and as such has had a CCJ issued to him.

Since the courts have issued a CCJ against the roofer, he has contacted me with an offer of a monthly repayment of £60 claiming this is all he's able to manage, and sights he's in the process of loosing his rented flat and moving into a hostel type accommodation. As I'm sure you can appreciate I can't truly verify anything that he's tell me.

I am concerned that if I accept this directly from the roofer, nothing has been formalised and I fully expect him not to meet the repayment on a long term basis - it would also take 62 months to repay the claim.

Can you advise what steps I can take to either get the court or a bailiff to formalise any sort of repayment plan? I really don't know where to go next with it

Thanks
    Tags: None

MIKE770 des8 Can you take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

As you have no knowledge of the judgment debtor's financial circumstances it might be worth pursuing an "order to Obtain Information" https://assets.publishing.service.go.../ex324-eng.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X