• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking fine. Small claims track.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parking fine. Small claims track.

    I've just received a Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims court. October 19th.
    Will ask for mediation.
    The claimant, Civil Enforcement Ltd.
    The amount is roughly 300.
    My daughter parked my car in a restaurant car park, had a meal and paid with a debit card, but couldn't input registration of car as the machine inside the restaurant wasn't working
    I wasn't in the car.
    This occurred December 2019.
    My daughter wrote and phoned this company on numerous times to explain to no avail.
    Had a letter from Manageress of restaurant stating machine wasn't working,
    plus bank statement showing my daughter paid the bill.
    I was issued with CCJ in January 2021. While I was out of the country.
    Applied to the court in May, to set aside CCJ, paid 255 to the court.
    CCJ set aside.
    The judge agreeing with me, if it went to court I would win.
    So my question is, how can they still come after me? If I've already defended myself in this matter?


    Tags: None

  • #2
    Hi Nigel 59

    Can you use Imgur to upload the claim form, remove all personal details and ref numbers.

    ostell Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.


    • #3
      So what is the status of the setaside?


      • #4
        The CCJ was set aside.


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


        1 of 3 < >

        Support LegalBeagles

        Donate with PayPal button

        LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

        2 of 3 < >


        Pre-Action Letters
        First Steps
        Check dates
        Acknowledge Claim
        CCA Request
        CPR 31.14 Request
        Subject Access Request Letter
        Example Defence
        Set Aside Application
        Witness Statements
        Directions Questionnaire
        Statute Barred Letter

        If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

        NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
        Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

        Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

        If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

        We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
        If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
        3 of 3 < >

        Need Formal Help?

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm

        See more
        See less

        Court Claim ?

        Guides and Letters

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm