• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Processes and Procedures (Court forms)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processes and Procedures (Court forms)

Hi, I'm new here, seeking advice on what court forms are needed and when, is there a flow chart available? or where should I be looking?, its as if we all should know and the courts (county/mag) aren't really helpful in these matters.
    Tags: None

What court are you interested in - this is a big question!

Comment

If it's Small Claims Court -

https://www.judiciary.uk/publication...-civil-221013/

Comment

I'm actually unsure, I'm very new to this world, in honesty I have only ever replied to court papers (as its the only time courts give advice imho) and yet I'm unsure on the differences of County, Magistrates - who deals with what and how.

I'm looking to bring either a money claim or breach of contract claim or both as they related. I'm unsure of process/procedures hence why I'm asking.

Comment

Originally posted by smash View Post
          I'm actually unsure, I'm very new to this world, in honesty I have only ever replied to court papers (as its the only time courts give advice imho) and yet I'm unsure on the differences of County, Magistrates - who deals with what and how.

I'm looking to bring either a money claim or breach of contract claim or both as they related. I'm unsure of process/procedures hence why I'm asking.
          Small Claims Court, so County Court. So read post 3.

Comment

Magistrates deal with criminal offences so as Echat11 says it is County Court.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
              Magistrates deal with criminal offences so as Echat11 says it is County Court.
              Hows does one know who deals with what, Magistrates v County Court v High Court?

From reading, it seems cases can be passed down from High > County > Magistrates, but only passed up on referrals for a second opinion or to fight a judgement.

I'm still lost on what each court does & purpose.

Comment

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...cture-0715.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by smash View Post

Hows does one know who deals with what, Magistrates v County Court v High Court?

From reading, it seems cases can be passed down from High > County > Magistrates, but only passed up on referrals for a second opinion or to fight a judgement.

I'm still lost on what each court does & purpose.
                  This should help with understanding them -

http://www.justcite.com/kb/editorial...urt-structure/

Comment

great minds.....

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
                      great minds.....
                      True!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X