• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N244 to set aside CCJ

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • N244 to set aside CCJ


    I've reposted this from my thread under the Bailiffs section in the hope someone can reply.

    As per previous post, I wanted to challenge a CCJ I received from a previous employer, who are claiming back my final salary payment from 2016.
    I don't accept the claim on grounds that despite my resignation being accepted and confirmed, it appears the employer's HR dept was misinformed that I was dismissed and not entitled to be paid notice.

    I sent the N244 in April, initially to Northampton, who returned it to me to be sent to my local court. Once received by the local court it was returned again with the request that I sent three copies so that each party has one. I did this the same day, and my cheque for the fee was cashed a few days later.

    The N244 asked for a Stay of Writ and response within 28 days or the case to be dropped.

    The 'deadline' has long since passed, and as I haven't received any responses from the court or claimant, I hoped that was the end of it.

    But today I received a letter from Court Enforcement Services, saying I have 'failed to resolve the matter' of the High Court Writ of Control issued against me by the same claimant.

    Shortly before I completed the N244, the enforcement team were provided with proof of bereavement upon visiting my property, and I had heard nothing from them since then.

    Is this a miscommunication between the claimant/court and the bailiffs...or am I incorrect to assume the N244 was successful and the Writ no longer applies?

    Can anyone advise how should I deal with this please?

    The bailiffs previously threatened to take my car, which I depend on to collect my elder child from school and I'm frightened they'll clamp it, albeit perhaps in error.

    Thank you
    Tags: None

  • #2
    You will just confuse the issue by running two threads as replies will be split across both and responders will not see what went before. Duplicate threads are frowned upon. Suggest you delete the text in your post or ask admin to delete threac


    • #3


      • #4
        The sections aren't lively in themselves, the whole forum is normally looked at, all the new threads and comments, which is how I found yours.


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


        1 of 3 < >

        Support LegalBeagles

        Donate with PayPal button

        LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

        2 of 3 < >


        Pre-Action Letters
        First Steps
        Check dates
        Acknowledge Claim
        CCA Request
        CPR 31.14 Request
        Subject Access Request Letter
        Example Defence
        Set Aside Application
        Witness Statements
        Directions Questionnaire
        Statute Barred Letter

        If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

        NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
        Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

        Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

        If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

        We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
        If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
        3 of 3 < >

        Need Formal Help?

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm

        See more
        See less

        Court Claim ?

        Guides and Letters

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm