• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gladstone Solicitors, UK Car Park Management and County Court Judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladstone Solicitors, UK Car Park Management and County Court Judgement

Hello! Looking for some advice; I’m new to the site but had seen similar posts and thought you may be able to assist. My Dad has evidence of paying for parking in 2019. My Dad is elderly and a gentleman helped him with the parking machines; on his parking pay and display ticket the kind stranger entered the VRN into the machine and essentially they got one digit wrong on the VRN but my Dad had to go back to buy a further parking ticket because they were longer than expected this time the VRN was perfect. My Dad’s paid for the entire duration they’re claiming he’s not paid for.
    We’ve ignored the letters for now because he’s paid for the parking and we’ve evidence to prove it. However, this week he’s received the following letter and we’re just concerned about the threatening nature of the letter from Gladstones.

Any advice on what this actually means and what our options are would be greatly appreciated. I know we have the option to pay them but it seems very unreasonable considering my Dad has already paid for the parking. Thank you!
    Tags: None

Letter received
    Attached Files

Comment

That's not a letter from Gladstones, that's a letter from the court telling your dad that he lost the court case and he has to pay the amount claimed. And pay it to Gladstones

This is what happens when you ignore court papers

If it's not paid within 30 days the CCJ will appear on the credit references

Comment

Thank you for your reply Ostell! I don’t recall ever seeing a courts summon or mention of the case being referred to court. Is that something they should have made us aware of before it got to this stage?

Comment

As you said you ignored all letters then you could have ignored the court form as it had the names of UKCPM and Gladstones on it

Comment

Thank you for your reply! We’ve checked all the received letters (as my dad has kept them) but we’ve never received a summons.

Comment

It's not a summons, it's a claim form looking like this:-

https://assets.publishing.service.go.../n1sdt-eng.pdf

Have you got a form similar to that?

It's strange that you did not receive one as they had sufficient details to correctly send the judgement

Comment

Sorry for the late reply; I couldn’t recall ever seeing that form and I asked my dad to double check all his correspondence and he has confirmed he’s never received anything like the link you kindly sent across.
                We will call them and kindly request they send us a copy of that across so that we can respond to them. Thank you for your help!

Comment

If you believe that you never received the form then that is a basis for a setaside.

Send a SAR to UKCPM to get hold of all the documents they hold about your father Template in the panel on the right. Your father will need to provide a valid defence

Comment

Thank you so much! You’ve been really helpful!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X