• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS

I believe AOS has to be served within 14 days from the Date of Serivce.
    If notification was received on 15th day, I could apply for a judgment? Is that correct?
    It is not a Part 8 claim or consumer goods service related claim.

For example, if Date of Service was dated on 10th August on MCOL, AOS must be recorded by 23rd August?
    Last edited by cloud7; 16th August 2021, 20:22:PM.
    Tags: None

As far as I'm aware, MCOL doesn't list the deemed service date, it lists the date of issue. For claims issued via MCOL, service is deemed 5 days after the date of issue.

So if we are talking issue date being 10th August, it would be 19 days and the defendant would have until 4pm on 29 August to file an acknowledgment of service or a defence. Failing that, you could then apply for default judgment from 30th.

AOS is 14 days after the date of service, not from.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

So you are counting 14 days from the next day of the service. Got it.Thank you Rob.

Comment

Before you apply for judgment, it would be wise to check with the court to see if anything has been filed. All courts pretty much work on a backlog and if you apply for judgment but an AOS or defence has been filed before your application, you would be liable for the consequences that follow.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

OK, thank you very much. I'll call them.

Comment

Can I double check this please?
            The defendant filed AOS (defending all part of it) but I thought they also meant to send me a brief defense statement within 28 days from the service date of my claim? Or is it 28 days from the service date of detailed POC?
            It has been 28 days since my claim was serviced but I don't know any details about their defense. Can this be a reason for me to request a default judgment?
            Last edited by cloud7; 25th August 2021, 20:58:PM.

Comment

The usual rules of MCOL are follows:

- The claim form is deemed served on the defendant 5 days from the date of issue.

- Defendant has 14 days to either file a defence (so total of 19 days from date of issue) or file an AOS.

- If an AOS is filed, the Defendant gets an additional 14 days to file a defence, a total of 33 days from date of issue.

Because the AOS is file, the Defendant has 33 days from the date of issue to file a defence. So work out 33 days and then you have your deadline date.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X