• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Client won’t pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client won’t pay

Hi all.
    my partner is a carpenter and completed some work for a family friend. It was for under floor heating, but the client then requested some hidden under stair cupboards.
    most of the work was done for the heating, bar some tiling. He only had a partial contribution of money transferred, as agreed on the estimate.
    the customer was demanding-he worked at short notice on weekends, nothing was agreed re attendance on site however.
    the customer very erratically sent him off site complaining the underfloor heating wasn’t constructed as he had asked. He wanted in below the floorboard level (which wasn’t agreed and would have prob tripled the cost)…. He refused to let him finish the under stairs cupboard system also. So it’s a poor service/incorrect product fitted complaint
    my partner has tried to talk to the customer, to negotiate on paying for work which has been done and he won’t.
    we have email trails, the estimates, WhatsApp messages etc.
    My partner isn’t part of a large organisation-he works for himself, so small claims is still a risk.
    I have a feeling this is the client’s MO to get out of paying. We don’t believe he has had the flooring ripped up, we know he was fully aware of the rise in floor level, he was on site each day. He’s complained about multiple other matter-phone usage, attendance-but none of this is founded on anything.
    ive been trying to write a letter of action but I’m struggling. I don’t want it to be petty and I do want the customer to take this seriously.
    can any solicitors recommend if they can help with a letter of action.
    outstanding money from is around £1600. I want to add to this too-the debt has been o/a since December.
    the client is a dentist and his google reviews are complaints about poor work and refusal of refunds for the poor work.
    can anyway offer advice or recommendations?
    Tags: None

There is a link in the shortcuts for pre action letters. Send a Letter Before Claim outlining the debt and what is required of them. Give them 30 days to respond otherwise you raise a Court Claim.

If the claim is below £10,000 then it is on the small claim track with very limited costs allowed.

You could put a LBC on here for critique before you send

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X