• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Défense to Amended Particulars of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Défense to Amended Particulars of Claim

Dear jaguarsuk and other Beagles,
    After the gauntlet, I am under Court Direction to File & Serve my Défense to Amended/Pleased Particular of Claim [PPOC] in three [3] days. I have the PPOC in Pdf format along with a cover letter from Lowell Solicitors on behalf of their client, Lowell Portfolio. I would appreciate your kind examination of the document and your advice on a possible defence of this claim BUT I do not know how to upload the docs privately. Please advise. Thank you. Q
    Tags: None

'Pleaded' [NOT 'Pleased'] PPOC. Above. Sorry Typo + panic.

Comment

Hello friend, trying to contact you [Pvt Msg] re: my urgently required defence and your assessment of Pleaded Particulars of Claim BUT have no means by which to redact the personal details as the PPoC is a pdf file in an email. Please advise how I can get this to you asap. As I must file and serve by Thursday.
      Thanx. Q. To tag jaguarsuk.

Comment

You've left it very late to be honest, and you must have had more than 3 days to file a defence as no court would have given you that limited amount of time.

We have absolutely no information about the history of your case, what the court order says, whether you previously filed a defence, why Lowell have filed an amended particulars of claim and if they were allowed to serve the amended particulars by email - so many questions.

JaguarsUK was last online on 8 May so you might not get a reply before the deadline. I'm tagging Amethyst or EXC to see if they can help to redact otherwise you'll have to do that yourself and then upload the redacted version.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your kind help rob. I'm friend-surfing until I get back to work on 05th July, so I only received the Order on Thursday when I rotated back to East Sussex. Lowell were under directions by the Court to file & serve their Pleaded Particulars after I filed & served my defence. Which was effectively, that I did not recognise the debt [credit card accounts in question] nor had I entered into any agreement with Lowell. I am unable to redact their amended Particulars because it is a .pdf file in an email and I don't have the ability to edit or print and blank-out. I DO recognise my signature on the agreements with Cap1 and Vanqis [both from 2017ish][so NOT statute barred] BUT just wondered if I have any other defence to this Lowell demand? Thankx again to you and to Amethyst and to @EXE if they see this mayday and come to the rescue.

Comment

Send me the documents and I'll redact the personal info and post them up.

nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Thank you more than I can Nick. Sent.

Comment

I've redacted and attached the particulars but not the 55 pages of exhibits as it would take me all day and would exceed the file size I could post post here, and probably that important.

It's not my area so paging R0b and Celestine

Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Nick! I swear, I wanna be like you guys someday. Thank you for everything. Q.

Comment

Thanks EXC.

CubeBQue Obviously without seeing the exhibits, any help we can give is going to be limited but here's my initial thoughts.

1. You mentioned that you did not enter into an agreement with Lowell. The PoC says the accounts were with Capital One and Vanquis, do you recognise these accounts, do the timelines fit? The debt was then assigned to Lowell who purchased the debt, so any defence that you did not enter into an agreement with Lowell is of no relevance. They bought the debt and therefore step into the shoes of the creditor.

2.They claim that the Capital One contract was signed electronically and the Vanquis was signed (presumably by hand) do you remember this? Do the signatures look like yours?

3. Did you receive default notices for both these accounts?

4. The order from the court saying Lowell had to file and serve the PoC but was there a deadline to comply and what were the consequences of failing to file and serve the PoC if any?

It would seem they have the necessary evidence to put this claim to bed and win it but I guess it turns on the evidence they have provided and your recollection of whether you ever entered into these agreements. If you can't remember then it will be up to the judge to determine whether it was more likely than not that you entered into the agreements.

If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Dear @EXE; Nick; rob; @Amethyst and Celestine, you'll never know. Thank you all for just being there. I hope I get your guidance before my 16:00 deadline tomorrow but I'm grateful either way. Thank you.

Comment

Dear @EXE, Nick and/or rob, please can you tell me if it is the date of the agreement OR the date on which the debt was incurred OR the date of the Default Notice; which makes a claim statute barred? I ask because the agreement on one of the two cards was made in Oct 2014 [over 6 years ago]. AND the 'signature ' on the other card's agreement is not my signed signature but instead, my name in Block Letters. Please advise asap. Thank you. Q.

Comment

An account becomes time barred six years after the date of last payment/acknowledgment of the debt or the date of expiry of a default notice. Not the date of account opening.
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X