• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket

Hi. I would appreciate help on this matter.
    I received a parking fine from VCS, I was given a date to reply by and I replied by this date via email on 22nd March stating I wasn’t going to pay the amount they asked for (£160) and was willing to sort this before it going any further. I did not receive a reply until 23rd April, saying it’s in the hands of elms legal now. And received a letter from elms legal (attached ). I rang elms legal to respond and told them how I tried contacting VCS to sort the situation yet they threatened if I don’t pay the next step is court.

could anyone help me please in how I respond on the next stage. Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Letter
    Attached Files

Comment

But really need to see the initial PCN first

Comment

Letter before claim
        Attached Files

Comment

Can’t seem to find first Intial PCN

Comment

So SAR to VCS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...inson.pdf?dl=0

Comment

I have just today received this. Would you suggest from your post above to use that to file my defence?
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone. Could anyone help me on my previous posts of this page please. Thank you in advance

Comment

Take the claims form down and remove the password before you post it again.

CPR 31.14 request to Elms Legal.

Comment

Name and address *

Elms legal limited
                    31 handles street, sleaford
                    Lincolnshire
                    NG34 7TQ
                    Dear Sirs,

Claim Number: ....
                    Request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR

On 05 May 2021 I received a County Court claim from yourselves of
                    which I have acknowledged receipt indicating my intention to
                    defend in full.

To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require
                    inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case
                    ahead of filing my defence on 06/12/2020.

In accordance with CPR 31.15(c) I undertake to be responsible for
                    your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR
                    31.14 request.

You should note that this claim has not yet been allocated to a
                    specific track and the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect.
                    Had your claim not been issued through CCBC the Claimant would
                    have been obliged to attach copies of the documentation upon which
                    it relies to the Particulars of Claim.

I, as Defendant, am entitled to see the documents on which the
                    Claimant relies and which you must produce at trial. Disclosure at
                    this stage will enable me to fully plead my case and further the
                    Overriding Objective.

You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure
                    that the document(s) I have requested are copied to and received
                    by me within 7 days of receiving this letter.

If you require more time in which to comply with this request you
                    must tell me in writing and confirm your agreement to an extension
                    of the time allowed for me to file my defence as allowed under CPR
                    15.5 so I may notify the court.

For your information and records I enclose a copy of the formal
                    request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim,
                    pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, which has been posted to
                    your client with the statutory fee of £1 today, xx/xx/xxxx.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Your Name

Comment

Could anyone check this for me please before I reply as my defence ?

Comment

Or advise for me to add anything please

Comment

Why are you thinking of putting your defence in now? You should be just acknowledging the claim for the moment using the details and password on the form, the password that you were advised to delete. Or should I just sign in and admit that the money is owed? Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your response to the court.

Please be careful to use a template sensibly, check the dates you are inserting, and when was there CCA for a parking charge?

it's taken a week to respond to the suggestion about CPR request, you will be running out of time

Did you send the SAR request?

Comment

I’m asking because I don’t clearly understand what I’m doing. What do I do on the log in to reply to the claim

Comment

As in how do I acknowledge the claim. Because all it does on the log in is start defence and then a box to write it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X