• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell County court cliam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell County court cliam

Received claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 08/04/2021
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: N0
    Total Amount Claimed : £600
    Claimant’s Name:Lowell Portfolio
    Solicitors Firm: Overdales
    Original Creditor:SKY
    Original Debt sky tv/broadband
    Particulars of Claim:
    The claim is for the sum of £500 due by the defendant sky UK ltd.
    account with account ref of xxxxx
    The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the account agreement. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 2019, Notice of which has been given to the defendant. The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the county courts act 1984 at a great of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £40 the claimant claims in the sum of £500
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): not statute barred
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): none
    Any Other Information or Background Details:

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me with this.

I received a claim from Lowell for a debt that was originally owed to SKY for a package they provided to me for approximately 10 years. In 2017, I unfortunately went through a messy separation with my wife and also lost my job. At this time I informed sky of my situation, I was asked to return the equipment to prevent a charge of £250. I explained to the sky representative that due to the current situation i was unable to return to the house to arrange the collection of the equipment and was not on speaking terms with my wife. I also informed them that I had been informed that a sky engineer had already been arranged to visit the property as my wife had actually arranged to have sky installed in her name because at this point the tv had been cut off. The sky representative agreed as a one-off that when the engineer visits for the new installation that he would be instructed to collect the equipment and return it to sky. 2 years later I was then notified of a debt to sky for an outstanding amount of £400 which included the charge for this equipment. At this point I called the debt company that was trying to arrange the collection of this money. They explained they would refer this back to sky. A year later I receive a county court claim for the full debt. I was hoping for some advice on what I should do. Many thanks

Tags: None

I have requested a further 28 days but this is soon to expire . Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

First Steps

​​​​​​ Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim tick defend all

rob

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X