• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Civil Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Civil Claim

Hi there, you recently kindly advised me on a matter regarding the Claimant's actions following a General Form of Judgement or Order given, ordering payment by monthly instalment. The Claimant is persisting in being unpleasant despite my first instalment having been received promptly? I've pasted below an email I have sent to the County Court as I just don't know what to do. Please can you kindly offer any help or advice, I'm so distressed by this individuals clear bitterness & just want to protect myself. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sirs,

I am making contact in regard to the above claim of which I am the Defendant.

I wish to ask if you will kindly file this further communication with the claim please.

I have had an unneccesarily very distressing experience with the Claimant.

A General Form of Judgement Order was given on the 24th February 2021 to repay the claim plus costs & interest by instalments of £300.00 proposed by the Claimant & agreed by myself. The first instalment due 24th March 2021 has been paid promptly as per the Order & received into the Claimant's bank account, the account details provided by the Claimant.

13 days after payment has been made I have received a communication I forwarded to yourselves from the Claimant, advising me that if I don't pay £300.00 by the end of this week, bailiff's will be appointed?!?

I responded & provided proof of payment which I also forwarded to yourselves. My bank have confirmed payment was sent successfully & as a belts & braces have also commenced a payment trace. My payment has been received & evidenced.

I have received the same message last evening from the claimant advising if £300.00 isn't received by the end of this week, bailiffs will be appointed? To enforce what? My instalments are up to date?

Furthermore, I have now just this morning, received no message, just an attachment entitled 'Fraud by False representation?' From the Claimant. I am bemused & deeply distressed by the behaviour & attempted actions to damage & distress me. The Claimant has received payment as per the Order given?

I'm not asking for advice, I would just be most grateful if you will retain the information on the claim file please in relation to the matter. Many thanks.

Yours Faithfully,

Gillian Marriott

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2

Tags: None

If you are lucky the court will add your letter to the court file on the case, but if you find yourself in court in the future and needing that document, don't count your chickens that the court will be able to find it!
    What's more, the letter on it's own won't be much proof of anything.
    Keeping accurate records of everything, contemporaneously (ie at the time that something happened - put it in your phone's calendar or in a physical diary) is always a good idea and means that when you are telling a court what happened, and you can say that you are relying on notes made at the time, the court is more likley to believe you.
    The court won't really be interested in any of it unless and until someone files a claim.
    If a further claim is filed against you, you must of course decide what to do with it accordingly.
    It may be that the circumstances give you a cause of action, but again, the court won't be interested unless you file a claim.
    I have no idea if you do or don't have a cause of action as I don't know the detailed circumstances.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X