• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moriarty law - question about court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moriarty law - question about court action

Hi there,

I took a loan out in 2017 and due to personal circumstances at the time missed a few payments. This Loan was then purchased by lantern finance, who sent me an email saying I owed them money. I disagreed with this and went through the process of asking them to prove to me that I owed it but got very little response from them. I didn't feel that they had the right to collect the money so I made a payment to the original creditor which covered the outstanding amount, but lantern failed to acknowledge this and they escalated my case to Moriarty law. I have sent them bank statements showing the payment made but they don't seem to believe me and have raised a money claim with the county court. I have acknowledged the claim and and offered to pay the difference between what I had paid and what they were claiming (around 400 pounds). This has been refused by Moriarty law and they are wanting to proceed with it going to court.

I have never received a letter of claim from either lantern or Moriarty and anything asking about my financial situation (such as a Financial statement) and in addition the loan is no longer on my credit file and I have not had a default registered against it.

So I suppose my question is have Moriarty law followed the right protocol about how this debt has been chased.

They are asking me a bank statement to go over a month so they can see all transactions (I only provided a few days worth of transactions around when I made the payment) and also details of the bank that I paid into. Are they right in asking for this information?

I just need a little help as I'm confused and a little scared about the prospect of going to court when I have already made a substantial payment to a loan and provided this information.

Its also been detrimental to my mental health and has caused me to get counselling about the situation as they won't believe that I've made the payment.

Any help at all would be gladly received.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Bumping to see if I get a response please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X