• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fast Track Court Case - "Loan"/ Gift of Money from Parent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Track Court Case - "Loan"/ Gift of Money from Parent

Hi,

I'm currently completing a N181 directions questionnaire as the defendant in a fast track case. My father is claiming around 14k in money that is a combination of money gifted to me and loans I have repaid to him (unfortunately in cash!).

Just had a couple of questions about completing the form if anyone can offer any advice;
    • Do I need to declare myself and partner as witnesses in section F (for the purposes of submitting evidence about the case i.e. bank statements showing the withdrawal of cash amounts to replay the debt on a monthly basis, facebook messages sent to my partner by my father as evidence).
    • I suspect the claimant will try to maximise court costs maliciously as they might qualify for some sort of legal aid. Does it make sense for me to ask whether the case can be considered as a small claim rather than a fast track case in light of the fact its a relatively simple case? There are no lawyers involved on either side as yet (as far as I know).
    • The claimant has ignored contact to try and arrange a meeting to discuss the case until a couple of days ago. He hasn't served me with a directions questionnaire and I expect he will be late in returning it to the court and/or will not serve a copy to me - what is likely to happen in this case?
    • Is there any way for me to find out if the claimant is getting legal aid and on what basis? Are they required to tell me this if I ask?
    Any and all help you can give me will be gratefully received!
    Last edited by Magister1701; 5th March 2021, 12:12:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X