• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Regard CCJ's, Baliffs and Third Party Debt Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Regard CCJ's, Baliffs and Third Party Debt Order

Hi,

I'm in my late forties. Currently unemployed and on benefits due to addiction and mental health issues. My financial recorded is about as bad as it can get. Including a bankruptcy ten plus years ago.

I have in the last few months had three CCJ's taken out against me which I had no idea about. One for £900 and two others by the same company for £2100. I did not receive any notification about them because an old address was used. The debts are for credit cards from around three years ago. I suspect someone has contacted them to tell them I have assets I don't.

I am waiting for a court case which IF I win could bring a compensation claim in the £30,000 to £50,000 range. If I win then obviously I can pay the debts in full. Unfortunately my current circumstances are very different.

I don't own my own home, car or have any significant savings. I have some tools which cost around £2000 when new. But are worth approximately £500 now. A push bike which cost £500 new and is my only transport.

When my benefits are paid with some savings my account can have just under £2000 in it.

Would a debt collection agency proceed with Baliffs or file a third party debt order for the amount I owe and my circumstances? I have worked in maintenance before and would need the tools should I return to work. Would being unemployed effect the Baliffs not being able to take work tools? Is the £1350 limit for the new price or second hand value? Also can my bike be taken?

I have lived in numerous HMO's in the last four to five years. Due to my circumstances they aren't the best of places. Mail is constantly taken or sent to an old address. Therefore I didn't have a chance to deal with the company's before or during court account being taken. To prevent it happening again. Is there a way for me to check online if further court action is taken against me like Baliffs or third party debt orders?

As I said earlier if I win the court case I can clear my debts. I'm starting to beat the addiction issues. But currently I can only just afford to live. If I lose the tools it seriously impacts any future employment. Being self employed is my only realistic option.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

It looks like you know the system and how it works better than me so good luck to you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X