• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issues with court directions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with court directions

Hi,

Can anyone advise how courts orders/directions work?

I have received some directions associated with a court order which I have challenged because they appear to be wrong.

I haven't heard from the court concerning the issues I identified and now dates for activity that was against me has passed, but I didn't carry out the directions requested because they are wrong in my opinion.

Should I have followed the initial directions, despite these being wrong, on the basis the court may not change its mind, or as I have contested the courts instructions am I within my rights to not carry out existing directions?

I am concerned now that, as I haven't had a reply from the court, I will have failed to respond in the times set in the initial order, but do know the courts are well behind dealing with correspondence, in which case they may well still not have processed my challenge. I am really confused as to how a situation like this will be managed as the initially directions are clearly very wrong, but all dates in the order including actions against the defendant are now in the passed, so this would render the complete order redundant.

Any help much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Your needed to apply to have the Order varied. Simply complete an "Applicotation Notice" form (N244) , whicha re available online and send to the Court. There will be a fee but they will ask for that once they accept you can apply...not sure what the situation is with respect of being out of time as this is always at the Courts's discretion

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X