• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before action response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter before action response

Hello,

my oppositions solicitor has failed to respond to the letter before action for 6 week and is now demanding more time. This is a reasonably simple case, what is the best course of action at this point? I cannot accept that they are taking this seriously when they have gone over a month over the deadline and assume the court would agree?

Tags: None

Perhaps allow 7 more days and then say you will file proceedings with no further notification? At least the court will see you went out of your way to be reasonable...

Comment

Hello Islandgirl,

i have continually been giving them '7 more days' As far as i can see there is no reasonable cause of a over 4 week breach of deadline, have i not already been reasonable? Is ignoring a deadline for 5 weeks not proof that they are not dealing with pre action properly? I just am hoping people here with more experience can reality check this for me because I do not think a further 7 days will result in a response ie, do solicitors do this all the time?.

Comment

Fair enough if you have previously given them written deadlines rather than just waiting once your initial deadline had passed. Hopefully you will get some other opinions here but I would do as previously stated if I were in your position.

Comment

Hi,

I honestly don't understand legal organisations expecting extension after extension when it is their job to make sure they meet court deadlines. Do court deadlines not matter? have i got this wrong and it is soemething nobody at court bothers with, is the CPR not important? If i know that is the case then that is different.

Comment

As I understand it you are not "in court" yet but have merely issued a latter before action. I have done this in the past and received no reply and have given a final ultimatum before proceeding. If you think you have waited long enough then by all means start the process formally. It is just something I have always done when no response has been received. I have even sent copies of the paperwork ready to file in the past which has often got a response without the need to go to court though that is usually when chasing money! Let us know what happens whatever you decide to do.

Comment

Thanks Islandgirl, will do!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X