• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Citation but no Default notice issued Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Citation but no Default notice issued Scotland

Hello,

I am new to this so please forgive me if I do not use the correct wording. I am looking for some information on where to start please.

I have received a citation from my local Scottish court for Volkswagen Financial Services to take action against me for this debt that is over 5 years old.

I then sent there acting solicitor a statute barred letter on advice from National Debtline as I was under the impression I never made any payments to them since the original payment plan when I purchased the vehicle.

The background -

In August 2014 I took out a hire purchase agreement for a car and due to personal circumstances (redundancy) I needed to hand the vehicle back as I could not afford it anymore. It took the company around 6 months to come and collect the vehicle near the end of 2015.

I then never heard anything from them and I buried my head in the sand. My little girl was then Diagnosed with Cancer in October 2016 and her treatment was for 3 years so I was her carer and work was not an option.

I have received a response from the solicitor's today in reply to my Statute Barred letter stating I made a token payment of £10.00 on the 16th October 2017 ( if this is the case) I have no recollection of it ( probably as my daughter was my focus during these times.

How do I ask for evidence of this please? Is it via SAR or the CAA form? If I have made a token payment then I understand the Statute Barred Option is out of the question.

Can I also use the fact that no default has been registered to myself or default letters issued?

I also have to add in - in all my 3 credit files, Equifax, Experian and Transunion it shows no default - it just states settled and U/C for over 5 years (on Experian it's not even showing as a record)

Is there anyway I can argue the fact it has not been defaulted ever? I'm sure legally they have to Default you before they can take further Legal Action or am I wrong?

I really don't want a CCJ on my credit file as I am looking to buy a house next year if possible and I cant afford to pay back the amount £8621.00!

Can they still take action if no defaults have been issued? I have lodged a notice to defend to the courts also.

Can I please have some help?

Thank you

Kind regards,

Last edited by bella4780; 21st October 2020, 11:03:AM.
    Tags: None

This a standard move on SB debts.

You write to them denying any payment at that time and demand details of how this alleged payment was made, cheque, credit transfer, direct debit etc and details of the bank account that made the payment.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you! Should I also request a copy of the CCA?

Kind regards,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X