• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set Aside CCJ Private Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Aside CCJ Private Parking

Hey all,

Firstly, I do apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I'm a little frazzled and done a lot of research without getting any clear idea as to where I stand. Anyway, to the point:

Background:
    Moved house Sept 2018 and I have only recently (within past two weeks) realised that I have a CCJ on my credit file from my old address dated November 2019 (14-15 months after I moved house). This is for a parking ticket that I've received when playing 5-a-side football at DW. I received absolutely no communication about this to my new address. Needless to say I am very frustrated at this as it's completely destroyed my credit and really want it to be set aside but not really sure what the likelihood of that is.

The issue here is I thought I had updated my V5 or whatever it is too my new address but obviously didn't in the madness of moving (and it was my first house purchase so stressful enough as it is), which I ultimately have to put my hands up for. I also wrote the car off in Nov-30-2018 and just never really thought about it since then and got a new car end of December 2018 (obviously updated to the new address). I want to get the CCJ set aside based on the fact that I genuinely had no idea about the parking ticket, and if I did would have obviously responded accordingly (I also think the parking ticket is invalid as I have played at DW every week for a year and half at my new address and never once had a parking ticket but my main focus is trying to get the CCJ set aside.

Does anyone know what the likelihood of getting the CCJ set aside is as obviously £250 is a fair amount of money that I don't want to waste if there is no hope? My concern is that ultimately the courts will just say it is your fault for not updating the V5 even though I thought I had. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Phil
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X