• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong entity listed on invoices and claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong entity listed on invoices and claim form

Hi all,

Some advice in relation to my next course of action would be gratefully appreciated.

A supplier I utilised has issued a small claims court claim against my business for an unpaid invoice. The claimant claims to have sent reminders regarding payment pre-action however I have not received these or a pre-action letter.

The claim form received is in the wrong entity name. I have advised this within my filed defence. I am not opposed to paying the invoice in settlement but can I avoid paying the interest and court fee added to the claim value? If a settlement was agreed, with no order as to costs, does this include the court issue fees or just in relation to legal costs incurred by the claimant?

Should I be seeking a summary judgement or strike out application? I understand however that this is will require a court fee of £255. If I seek a strike out application or summary judgement, is the fact the claim form and I assume the invoice in the wrong entity, enough for the courts to deem the claim has no merit or success?

Should I contact the claimant and request they discontinue the claim. Is there a fee payable by them for this course of action? Could a settlement agreement, stating I will pay the invoice value within X days, following their discontinuance of the claim and reissue of the invoice in the correct entity name (so that I am able to reclaim the VAT) be acceptable?

Thanking you in advance of your assistance.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X