• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dcb legal scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcb legal scam

Dcb legal

I can’t help but think that dcb legal are part of a massive scam, so I’ll try and keep this one short.*

I received a PCN from a private parking company for parking in my own communal car park back in 2015 (Thats a whole different story!!) I received those comic style threat letters back then and then they started again at the beginning of this year. However, I did responded to a letter before claim and a court claim letter, all within good time.

Now this is where it gets tricky!! All letters I’v received have my name spelt wrong and the wrong postal address, lucky for me I managed to track them down from a neighbour.. As my name and address were wrong on the court claim letter I couldn’t send a acknowledge of service responce on the GOV website as it didn’t recognise my details and I didn’t want to put in false details about myself. So I had to do it the old fashioned way via Royal Mail, I was adamant to defend my case and had sent back within good time… I hadn’t heard anything from the courts for about 20 days so I decided to give them a call and to my horror they told me they still hadn’t received my acknowledgment of service but did receive my defence (I have now learnt the letter was received 25 days late) it was sent recored delivery!!!

Now I have received a judgement and have 2 options - pay £316 within 30 days (increasing fee) Or pay £255 to get the judgement set aside, this means a court hearing on why I haven’t paid and responded to the court letters, then I’ll have to reclaim the fee from dcb legal at a latter date.

All this because my details are wrong!!

I have now got to the stage were i’v had enough and I’m willing just to pay the £316 to make it go away. The problem now is do I pay a judgment in a wrongly spelt name or my real name, I called the court and she didn’t really know what to suggest. And after three attempts dcb legal responded to my email on what to do, They suggested I pay the fee in my correctly spelt name but gave me a wrong reference number by 1 digit to the ref number I have on the judgement (You couldn’t make this up!!) and now that is where I am at the moment*

Now this is were I can’t help but think for dcb legal to make it worth there while chasing up one PCN claim they’ll need to receive more then the original PCN if all the letters are sent to the wrong address how can people respond to a claim or judgment? Im guessing if dcb legal put the wrong details on there letters the claimant will just end up having increasing fees? And will only find out about it if they get a credit check or the bailiffs find them?*

Dcb legal claim for lower value claims with the claimants wrong details to make it worth while?
    Tags: None

Rock and a hard place comes to mind. Me personally I would appeal, but only "you" *can decide that you have a strong case for appeal. *

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X