• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ almost 6 years ago, DCA hounding...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ almost 6 years ago, DCA hounding...

A CCJ, default judgement on 18,3,14 for £3.5k.
    Way back then I had no idea about how the system works and allowed the CCJ to happen. Over the last few months Robinson Way has been sending emails (all have been ignored) now this week a "We're here to talk" "get a discount" has arrived by post.*
    Nothing has been paid off, it was from HSBC originally.
    a, If I was to ignore will it all go away at the end of next month?
    b, Would there be any merit by way of compensation (for wrongfully having the CCJ, if proved so) if I was to get a set aside the judgment and, presumably there will be no evidence/data supplied from a SAR or CPR request.
    Such a minefield of information to process.
    Any suggestions please?
    Tags: None

Although once granted a CCJ never becomes Statute Barred and is there for life, whether it ever gets paid is a different matter. Personally I don't see the point of going for Set Aside as it is going to fall off your Credit File anyway in approx 3 weeks time. Robinson Way are purely just a Debt Collector and have no real teeth + I cannot see enforcement being sought with so little time left. By all means reply to them but again probably best just filed in the appropriate receptacle. Even after it has disappeared from sight the or someone else will more than likely still write to you. They have had their chance and cocked it up hopefully. To frustrate them it would always be worth submitting a SAR to them.

Comment

Thanks, I'll sit on it until the end of next month as 6 years passed then and should any DCAs try and pressure then I'll submit a SAR.

Out of interest, there is a CCJ (if not paid) can it ever be enforced again? Can a DCA take it back to court? Within the 6 years? or after?

Also the 6 year thing, I understand this is from the last contact that you or I make with the DCA/OC? If so does the CCJ/court intervention reset the clock?

Comment

Originally posted by itm View Post
        Thanks, I'll sit on it until the end of next month as 6 years passed then and should any DCAs try and pressure then I'll submit a SAR.

Out of interest, there is a CCJ (if not paid) can it ever be enforced again? Can a DCA take it back to court? Within the 6 years? or after?

Also the 6 year thing, I understand this is from the last contact that you or I make with the DCA/OC? If so does the CCJ/court intervention reset the clock?
        If no enforcement has taken place in the life of the CCJ then if the Claimant still wishes to enforce after the 6 years is up then he needs to make an application to the Court outlining why they had never done anything originally - these are very rarely granted - there are some that have but mostly against defendants returning from abroad. The 6 years starts from the day the CCJ was awarded.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X