• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I use my wedding venue in small claims court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use my wedding venue in small claims court

Hi all I will keep this as short as possible. As the title says " can I use my weddi g venue in small claims court"

Myself and my partner have been planning our dream wedding at a venue that we found around a year ago. I paid for the venue in full £5000 on the day we viewed it 12 months ago. Included in the price was the
    -room next to the venue for us to stay in over night.
    -kitchen for our own food caterer to use.
    -venue car park.
    -venue staff to clear plates, empty glasses etc.
    -venue chairs for the ceremony .
    -and a few other usual expected things.
    We have spent alot of money at the venue and out side the venue and put alot of effort into planning this dream wedding which for me and my partner turned into a heartbreaking desaster.

Now here are my problems with the venue and this is why I want to take them to small claims court. The manager offered me £500 back for the problems I raised with her however I felt that it was an absolute insult.

PROBLEMS.
    1) Venue kitchen was dirty and had to be cleaned by my caterers before they could use it (venue then took a £250 kitchen cleaning fee out of the £500 I gave them which was a bond for any breakage/dammages money even though my caterers cleaned the kitchen and left it tidied and cleaner than it was when they arrived ... i have before and after photos)

2) Venue also charged me £100 out of the dammages bond for clearing tables and empty glasses (this was supposedly included in the package I had already paid the £5000 for)

3) 23 Cars and many guests couldn't get to the carpark due to the road owned by the venue being washed away / too rough because of recent floods. (I can appreciate this is an act of God, however I do have photos of the rough drive)

4) Every single chair in the venue was wobbly.

5) Stained table clothes (I do have photos).

6) Servere Leaking shower in the bridal suite/hotel room ( I have a video)

7) Wedding cake was cut and put out for guests ( however the waiters took it away and threw it in the bin before majority of the guests got chance to eat any... This cake cost me £500)

8) The disabled toilet door in the venue would not lock from the inside and on many occasions through out the evening guests opened the toilet door whilst someone was on the loo. (I have a video of the door lock not functioning)

9) the bath in the bridal suite has muddy foot prints in it ( I have photos)

10) the bedding in the bridal suite has blood on it... yes someone elses blood ( I have photos).

When I confronted them regarding some of these issues here is what they said...

WOBBLY CHAIRS...They are wedding chairs what else do you expect

DIRTY KITCHEN... it wasn't dirty ( venue would not look at my before and after photos)

BRIDAL SUITE... Denied all knowledge of dirty bath, blood on bed sheets, leaking shower (wouldn't let me show photos)

Then the situation got heated so I said I will take the matter to court... they laughed at me.

Over all I spent my wedding day apologising to guests and taking photos of a unfit venue.

Do I have a small claims case? I would like to pursue them for £2000-£2500.

Thanks for your time.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X