• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fine for tram offence not committed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine for tram offence not committed

Hello All,

I’m new here and would really appreciate assistance in respect of an issue that I’m dealing with.

i recently received a letter from Marston Holdings in respect of a fine of over £600 from a magistrate court in Greater Manchester. The name on the letter was a short form of my name, my middle name and my surname was slightly misspelt by a letter.

I contacted the courts via email and was informed that a conviction was obtained last year following an offence of not having a valid ticket on a tram ride in Feb 2019. The order also had the short form of my first name, middle name but my surname was misspelt as it was in the letter. However, the date of birth on the order was my date of birth.

As I’ve not used public transport in years, I drive to the office everyday, including the day in question and was no where near a tram on the day, I informed them that I believe someone had fraudulently used my details but my surname was slightly Misspelt. I’ve been advised to sort out a Statutory Declaration. My question is, has anyone ever experienced this? How can I clear my name as this sort of entry could cause problems with work in the future.

Also, I don’t know if this fraudster had an ID but if he didn’t, I think it’s crazy to think that a conviction can be obtained in someone’s name without being sure the perpetrator was actually who he said he was? That’s frightening !

I’m going to report this to action fraud and will also contact Metrolink and the courts for further details.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Tags: None

How long ago did you get to know about this? When you contacted the Court did they suggest you submit a Statutory Declaration?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X