• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed- Lending stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed- Lending stream

Hi

I had 3 loans with Lending stream and now have received a county court claim form. I have received various letters notifying myself of potential action from Asset collections acting on behalf of perch capital limited, which I ignored (possibly not the wisest thing to do) believing they were bluffing.

I'll copy below one of the recent letters I received before I received the claim. I do feel they have followed the correct process with regards to notifying me of potential action as they did write to me on numerous occasions with timescales for me to respond and were clear of the next steps they intended to take if I failed to respond.

My concern is that it is based on 3 loans that I had taken over a 4 month period. I was struggling financially and found myself borrowing further, to make payments. I don't feel the acted responsibly by giving me 3 different loans over such a short period of time. Is this an argument that I could make, how would I go about it and what would be the chances of me succeeding and what would be the consequences if I failed? (would I still be given an opportunity to negotiate and arrange a payment plan).

Alternatively, would I be better to agree a settlement. If this is the case how would I go about this. I was going to write to request a copy of the agreement but I am not sure if this will be worthwhile and just delaying the inevitable dilemma of how to move forward.

I would be grateful for any support offered I have copied parts of one of the letters they have sent me that include the details of the loans (i have removed reference numbers).

Please find enclosed statements for your Fixed-sum credit agreement(s) with GAIN Credit LLC (now Perch Capital Limited) dated 05/12/2017,04/04/2018,18/01/2018 with account number(s) 5140742,5338683,5210821 (the “agreement”) which is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the “CCA”).

The following statements are included:

Account Description Current Balance Number of Statements
    853262 Loan £301.28 2
    853125 Loan £300.00 2
    852918 Loan £308.14 2

Any transactions after the statement period will be shown on your next statement.

Perch Capital are required to send regulatory notices and statements to you periodically as prescribed by the CCA.

If you are already in a payment arrangement with us, there is no further action required and we thank you for your commitment to repayment of this outstanding balance.

Please note, Perch Capital Limited has appointed Asset Collections and Investigations (“ACI”) to manage and service the outstanding debt(s) on its behalf. All future contact, queries, dealings, and payments in respect of the debt should be made to us, ACI, not Perch Capital. We have a team of friendly agents ready to help and are committed to treating everyone with courtesy, compassion and understanding to help you manage your financial situation.

How do I contact ACI?

Email: 606478@assetcollections.uk
    Telephone: 01253 531 250 (calls charged at standard local rate, however calls made from mobiles may vary)

Our opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 7:00pm and Friday 8:00am to 5:30pm.

How can I pay ACI?

There are many ways to pay. Choose the one most convenient for you:

- Online: By debit card on our secure Online Portal
    - Telephone: By debit card using our 24-hour payment option
    - Bank Payment: Bank transfer online or in branch
    - Cheque or Postal Order: Sent to us in the post

For more information visit the website http://assetcollections.uk

Financial Difficulty

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, you may wish to speak to one of the following organisations who can provide free and impartial debt advice:

Citizens Advice StepChange
    England & Scotland – Tel: 03454 04 05 06
    Wales – Tel: 03444 77 20 20
    Northern Ireland – Tel: 0800 028 1881
    Tel: 0800 138 1111
    Web: www.citizensadvice.org.uk Web: www.stepchange.org

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Asset Collections & Investigations Limited

ANNUAL STATEMENTS FOR ACCOUNT 853262

Statement 1

Account Reference:
    Agreement Description Fixed Sum Loan Agreement
    Agreement Start Date 5th December 2017
    Total Amount of Credit £350.00
    Agreement Duration Six Months
    Statement Period 5th December 2017 to 4th December 2018
    Start Balance (Capital Balance + Fees + Interest) £350.00
    End Balance £301.28

Your Fixed-sum Credit Agreement with GAIN Credit LLC (now owned by Perch Capital Limited and being managed by us, Asset Collections & Investigations Limited (“ACI”)) dated 05/12/2017 with account number 5140742 (the “agreement”) which is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA”).

This statement covers the period from 5th December 2017 to 4th December 2018.

Please feel free to contact us should you wish to discuss your account or let us know if you’re in financial difficulties as we are keen to work together to try and find a solution for both of us. Your ACI reference number is 606478. You can contact us by calling us on 01253 531 250 writing to ACI, PO BOX 1360, Blackpool, FY1 9ND or by emailing 606478@assetcollections.uk. You can also see more information about us and make payments on our website https://assetcollections.uk.

The amount of your loan was £350.00. The duration of the agreement is Six Months. The annual interest rate under the agreement is 1219.20%. Please note, this rate applied at the outset and may be reflected in part or whole on this statement, however the current rate is zero as interest is no longer accruing on this balance. The opening balance under the agreement at the start of the period covered by this statement was £350.00.

Date Description Amount Balance
    5th December 2017 Funding of Loan £350.00 £350.00
    31st December 2017 Interest £75.60 £425.60
    12th January 2018 Payment £-109.20 £316.40
    31st January 2018 Interest £86.80 £403.20
    12th February 2018 Payment £-70.00 £333.20
    12th February 2018 Payment £-86.80 £246.40
    28th February 2018 Interest £69.44 £315.84
    12th March 2018 Payment £-62.72 £253.12
    12th March 2018 Payment £-70.00 £183.12
    31st March 2018 Interest £58.80 £241.92
    13th April 2018 Arrears Fee £15.00 £256.92
    30th April 2018 Interest £44.36 £301.28
    4th December 2018 Closing Balance £0.00 £301.28

The closing balance under the agreement at the end of the period covered by this statement is £301.28.

Settling your credit agreement early

You can settle this agreement in full at any time by giving us notice and paying off the amount you owe. If you wish to settle early you should contact us for a final settlement figure. You can also settle this agreement in part at any time by giving notice and paying off some of the amount you owe.

Dispute resolution

If you have a problem with your agreement, please try to resolve it with us in the first instance. If you are not happy with the way in which we handled your complaint or the result, you may be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you do not take up your problem with us first you will not be entitled to complain to the Ombudsman. We can provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman.

Paying less than the agreed sum

If you pay less than your agreed payment in most cases it is likely to take you longer and may cost you more to pay off the debt under the agreement.

If you have difficulties making payments under your credit agreement, please contact us if you have not already done so to discuss terms for the rest of the agreement. You may also want to seek advice on what to do from an independent free advice agency such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Perch Capital Limited (Company Number: 11207867, telephone 01253 531 250) is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Viscount Court, Sir Frank Whittle Way, Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom, FY4 2FB and is the legal owner of the debt.

Statement 2

Account Reference:
    Agreement Start Date 5th December 2017
    Total Amount of Credit £350.00
    Statement Period 5th December 2018 to 31st August 2019
    Start Balance (Capital Balance + Fees + Interest) £301.28
    End Balance £301.28

Your Fixed-sum Credit Agreement with GAIN Credit LLC (now owned by Perch Capital Limited and being managed by us, Asset Collections & Investigations Limited (“ACI”)) dated 05/12/2017 with account number 5140742 (the “agreement”) which is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA”).

This statement covers the period from 5th December 2018 to 31st August 2019.

Please feel free to contact us should you wish to discuss your account or let us know if you’re in financial difficulties as we are keen to work together to try and find a solution for both of us. Your ACI reference number is 606478. You can contact us by calling us on 01253 531 250 writing to ACI, PO BOX 1360, Blackpool, FY1 9ND or by emailing 606478@assetcollections.uk. You can also see more information about us and make payments on our website https://assetcollections.uk.

The amount of your loan was £350.00. The duration of the agreement is Six Months. The annual interest rate under the agreement is 1219.20%. Please note, this rate applied at the outset and may be reflected in part or whole on this statement, however the current rate is zero as interest is no longer accruing on this balance. The opening balance under the agreement at the start of the period covered by this statement was £301.28.

5th December 2018 Opening Balance £0.00 £301.28
    31st August 2019 Closing Balance £0.00 £301.28

The closing balance under the agreement at the end of the period covered by this statement is £301.28.

You can settle this agreement in full at any time by giving us notice and paying off the amount you owe. If you wish to settle early you should contact us for a final settlement figure. You can also settle this agreement in part at any time by giving notice and paying off some of the amount you owe.

Dispute resolution

If you have a problem with your agreement, please try to resolve it with us in the first instance. If you are not happy with the way in which we handled your complaint or the result, you may be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you do not take up your problem with us first you will not be entitled to complain to the Ombudsman. We can provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman.

If you pay less than your agreed payment in most cases it is likely to take you longer and may cost you more to pay off the debt under the agreement.

If you have difficulties making payments under your credit agreement, please contact us if you have not already done so to discuss terms for the rest of the agreement. You may also want to seek advice on what to do from an independent free advice agency such as the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Perch Capital Limited (Company Number: 11207867, telephone 01253 531 250) is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Viscount Court, Sir Frank Whittle Way, Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom, FY4 2FB and is the legal owner of the debt.

ANNUAL STATEMENTS FOR ACCOUNT

Statement 1

Account Reference:
    Agreement Start Date 4th April 2018
    Total Amount of Credit £150.00
    Statement Period 4th April 2018 to 3rd April 2019
    Start Balance (Capital Balance + Fees + Interest) £150.00
    End Balance £300.00

Your Fixed-sum Credit Agreement with GAIN Credit LLC (now owned by Perch Capital Limited and being managed by us, Asset Collections & Investigations Limited (“ACI”)) dated 04/04/2018 with account number 5338683 (the “agreement”) which is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA”).

This statement covers the period from 4th April 2018 to 3rd April 2019.

The amount of your loan was £150.00. The duration of the agreement is Six Months. The annual interest rate under the agreement is 1250.10%. Please note, this rate applied at the outset and may be reflected in part or whole on this statement, however the current rate is zero as interest is no longer accruing on this balance. The opening balance under the agreement at the start of the period covered by this statement was £150.00.

4th April 2018 Funding of Loan £150.00 £150.00
    30th April 2018 Interest £32.40 £182.40
    9th May 2018 Arrears Fee £15.00 £197.40
    31st May 2018 Interest £37.20 £234.60
    30th June 2018 Interest £36.00 £270.60
    31st July 2018 Interest £29.40 £300.00
    3rd April 2019 Closing Balance £0.00 £300.00

The closing balance under the agreement at the end of the period covered by this statement is £300.00.

Dispute resolution

Statement 2

Account Reference:
    Agreement Start Date 4th April 2018
    Total Amount of Credit £150.00
    Statement Period 4th April 2019 to 31st August 2019
    Start Balance (Capital Balance + Fees + Interest) £300.00
    End Balance £300.00

Your Fixed-sum Credit Agreement with GAIN Credit LLC (now owned by Perch Capital Limited and being managed by us, Asset Collections & Investigations Limited (“ACI”)) dated 04/04/2018 with account number 5338683 (the “agreement”) which is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA”).

This statement covers the period from 4th April 2019 to 31st August 2019.

The amount of your loan was £150.00. The duration of the agreement is Six Months. The annual interest rate under the agreement is 1250.10%. Please note, this rate applied at the outset and may be reflected in part or whole on this statement, however the current rate is zero as interest is no longer accruing on this balance. The opening balance under the agreement at the start of the period covered by this statement was £300.00.

4th April 2019 Opening Balance £0.00 £300.00
    31st August 2019 Closing Balance £0.00 £300.00

The closing balance under the agreement at the end of the period covered by this statement is £300.00.

Dispute resolution

ANNUAL STATEMENTS FOR ACCOUNT

Statement 1

Account Reference:
    Agreement Start Date 18th January 2018
    Total Amount of Credit £310.00
    Statement Period 18th January 2018 to 17th January 2019
    Start Balance (Capital Balance + Fees + Interest) £310.00
    End Balance £308.14

Your Fixed-sum Credit Agreement with GAIN Credit LLC (now owned by Perch Capital Limited and being managed by us, Asset Collections & Investigations Limited (“ACI”)) dated 18/01/2018 with account number 5210821 (the “agreement”) which is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA”).

This statement covers the period from 18th January 2018 to 17th January 2019.

The amount of your loan was £310.00. The duration of the agreement is Six Months. The annual interest rate under the agreement is 1340.30%. Please note, this rate applied at the outset and may be reflected in part or whole on this statement, however the current rate is zero as interest is no longer accruing on this balance. The opening balance under the agreement at the start of the period covered by this statement was £310.00.

18th January 2018 Funding of Loan £310.00 £310.00
    31st January 2018 Interest £34.72 £344.72
    9th February 2018 Payment £-57.04 £287.68
    28th February 2018 Interest £69.44 £357.12
    9th March 2018 Payment £-62.00 £295.12
    9th March 2018 Payment £-69.44 £225.68
    31st March 2018 Interest £65.88 £291.56
    9th April 2018 Payment £-61.38 £230.18
    9th April 2018 Payment £-62.00 £168.18
    30th April 2018 Interest £48.90 £217.08
    10th May 2018 Arrears Fee £15.00 £232.08
    31st May 2018 Interest £45.88 £277.96
    30th June 2018 Interest £30.18 £308.14
    17th January 2019 Closing Balance £0.00 £308.14

The closing balance under the agreement at the end of the period covered by this statement is £308.14.

Dispute resolution

Statement 2

Account Reference:
    Agreement Start Date 18th January 2018
    Total Amount of Credit £310.00
    Statement Period 18th January 2019 to 31st August 2019
    Start Balance (Capital Balance + Fees + Interest) £308.14
    End Balance £308.14

Your Fixed-sum Credit Agreement with GAIN Credit LLC (now owned by Perch Capital Limited and being managed by us, Asset Collections & Investigations Limited (“ACI”)) dated 18/01/2018 with account number 5210821 (the “agreement”) which is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (“CCA”).

This statement covers the period from 18th January 2019 to 31st August 2019.

The amount of your loan was £310.00. The duration of the agreement is Six Months. The annual interest rate under the agreement is 1340.30%. Please note, this rate applied at the outset and may be reflected in part or whole on this statement, however the current rate is zero as interest is no longer accruing on this balance. The opening balance under the agreement at the start of the period covered by this statement was £308.14.

18th January 2019 Opening Balance £0.00 £308.14
    31st August 2019 Closing Balance £0.00 £308.14

The closing balance under the agreement at the end of the period covered by this statement is £308.14.

Dispute resolution

Tags: None

Have you ever received a notice of assignment from Gain to Perch ?

First loan was taken out 5 Dec 2017
    ( Lending stream llc changed their name to gain credit llc on the 4 Dec 2017 )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I dont ever remember receiving anything. The company was always known as lending stream whenever I used their services. Is this significant?

Comment

Okay - you should put a complaint in on affordability grounds as per https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/

You can do this regardless of what Perch are doing.

Have you actually received a formal letter before action ( with a 30 day reply form ? )

We should ask for evidence of assignment.

They seem to say they sent assignment notices by email so maybe you could check your email spam folders first though ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Okay will do. What would I do with the claim form?

Comment

You know what I completely missed you had actually received a claim ! - even though you say so in your first sentence ! I'm so sorry.

Acknowledge the claim ( intent to defend in full ) for now - you can do this online following the instructions on the claim form.

Can you type out the particulars of claim in full, and give us the issue date printed on the form ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

That's okay

The particulars or claim:
              The Claimant claims this amount in respect of an unpaid loan, regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974. The loan was funded by GAIN Credit LLC. The Defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the credit agreement.The credit agreement was assigned to the claimant, upon which a Notice of Assignment was sent to the Defendant. The Defendant has either failed to respond to the Claimant or has failed to maintain regular payments. The Claimant has issued a Letter of Claim, providing the Defendant with a further opportunity to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance to no avail. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 26/03/2019 to 25/10/2019 on £909.42 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.20.

The date that it was issued was 28th October 2019.

Again, I really apreciate the time and effort your giving to help me!

Comment

Acknowledge Claim - make sure you do that - Then we have till 1st Dec (33 days from issue) to get your defence sorted ( if appropriate)

Anything at all in your emails regarding assignment from Gain to Perch ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I can't find anything although it would have more than likely have gone into my junk and have been deleted by now.

So plan of action:
                  Acknowledge claim
                  Request evidence of assignment from gain to perch
                  Make a complaint on affordability grounds

Brill thanks for your help. Let me Know if I miss anything and will keep you updated.

Thanks again,

Jason

Comment

3 instalment loans, not huge - this looks like a marginal affordability complaint. At best you might get interest removed from the last loan, but you may well not win this one.

Do you have other payday loans that you have been ignoring? Making an affordability complaint to a lender you used more often could help raise some fund to pay this one off.

Comment

Hi, would you be able to help me a little further. I defended my claim and have* now received a "notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track" form which goes on about settlement and mediation. Do you know what I need to do now?
                      My defence was that I was not notified that the debt had been assigned to Perch from Gain.
                      Thanks, Jason

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X