• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Age old default notice question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age old default notice question

Hi all

Im about to be going to court regarding a claim against me.

The claim has been fraught with errors with the particulars of claim having the incorrect amount, the notice of assignment in particulars mentioning the incorrect creditor.

I raised all this in my defence and in their final particulars they basically said oops typo. We want x money and we didn't mean to say thay company we meant this one.

This is all relevant because my defence also rests on the fact i never had a default notice for the debt in question and they have proceeded to assign and then take court action without giving me suitable notice to take action. When i questioned this they failed to acknowledge my complaint.

They have now entered the response on their court pack that they have no copy of the default notice but a system screenshot saying saying one was issued which was enough based on balance of probability.

Now i need to know is this a reasonable approach from the creditor and also based on all the errors is it reasonable to assume this screen shot is evidence or would i be fair to say thay based on all the errors no reliance should be placed on anything they share!

Interested in your thoughts!

Cheers
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X