• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received a Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received a Court Claim

I need help guys, I have receive a claim from county court business centre over the weekend and is do with a debt which I owed about 10 years. It was defaulted on my credit file for 6 years, the default came off my credit file about 4 years. All this while I thought I was state statute barred so been ignoring letters, i was told even if decide to make payments plan with the court they will still issued CCJ on my credit file.

I needy help before I make any decision.

Thanks
    Alex
    Tags: None

It sounds like you will be able to defend the claim on the limitations issue, however you should still check if there is any back up defence as well.

These are the links to what you you need to do.
    First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request ( to claimant)
    CPR 31.14 Request ( to claimants solicitors)
    Subject Access Request Letter ( to original creditor)

Can you tell us what the original debt was, how much it is, who is the claimant and what are the particulars of claim please- and any idea when you last made any payment ? then we'll be able to help you a bit more with the next steps.

First step is to acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full ...
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks very much for the help really appreciate it. The original debt was with Shop direct and Capital one credit card, they both coming up to £3000, The claimant is drydensfairfax solicitors Leeds but they working on behalf of Capquest. The last time I made payments towards any of this account was in 2009, I try to use DMP around 2010 but couldn't keep up with the payments as I was at University at that time.

I spoke of the law firm and they charging £250 plus VAT just to read the documents but is not guarantee if they would be able to help me or not. I don't want to waste £250 for nothing.

Also on the letter from drydensfairfax solicitors Leeds it says if I want to make payments in full they won't proceed with the CCJ is this true.

I will defiantly leave a feedback on Trust pilot

Thanks
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        It sounds like you will be able to defend the claim on the limitations issue, however you should still check if there is any back up defence as well.

These are the links to what you you need to do.
        First Steps
        Check dates
        Acknowledge Claim
        CCA Request ( to claimant)
        CPR 31.14 Request ( to claimants solicitors)
        Subject Access Request Letter ( to original creditor)

Can you tell us what the original debt was, how much it is, who is the claimant and what are the particulars of claim please- and any idea when you last made any payment ? then we'll be able to help you a bit more with the next steps.

First step is to acknowledge the claim with intent to defend in full ...
        Thanks very much for the help really appreciate it. The original debt was with Shop direct and Capital one credit card, they both coming up to £3000, The claimant is drydensfairfax solicitors Leeds but they working on behalf of Capquest. The last time I made payments towards any of this account was in 2009, I try to use DMP around 2010 but couldn't keep up with the payments as I was at University at that time.

I spoke of the law firm and they charging £250 plus VAT just to read the documents but is not guarantee if they would be able to help me or not. I don't want to waste £250 for nothing.

Also on the letter from drydensfairfax solicitors Leeds it says if I want to make payments in full they won't proceed with the CCJ is this true.

I will defiantly leave a feedback on Trust pilot

Thanks
        Alex

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X