• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with witness statement after being filed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with witness statement after being filed

hi, could someone help me as I知 not sure where I stand. I am being taken to court for a parking fine which was issued in April 16. I sold the car in Jan 16. The V5c document got lost somehow after i sent it off and i did not know until i received a parking ticket for it, i contacted dvla and they said they had to contact the new keeper to confim then they would amend the details on file to when the car was sold which was january. I told the parking firm at the time but they have persued me for three years over this. I知 at the stage of court proceedings now where the witness statement and evidence had to be filed on 02/10/19. I filed them and sent the other side a copy. In my defence I stated I would produce a v5c proving I sold the car, when I contacted the DVLA they sent me a VQ7 document stating I disposed of the vehicle on 14/01/16. My question is will this be allowed to be relied on in court, I have explained this in my witness statement but not sure if I will still be able to use it. I also said in my defence that I could produce insurance on my new vehicle at the time I sold my old one, when I contacted the insurance company to ask them to send me copy they said they couldn稚, but sent me proof of no claims bonus with my new vehicles details on it, I rang them 3 times over the course of three weeks saying that was no good as it didn稚 have the date I started the policy only the date it ended, I explained this in my witness statement also and included the no claims document. I opened a complaint with the insurance company and they rang me back on 3rd October saying they would provide me with it now but my witness statement and evidence is now filed. Could someone please advise me on what I can do? is it too late to use that as evidence now. I have not been given a court date yet and I read somewhere that you can still file up to 14 days before the hearing but I知 not sure if this is true? and if it is then how would I go about it, I have also contacted the new keeper about all of this as i know them although now well. They have just told me that they would be willing to produce the v5c document in their name and insurance on the vehicle i sold them on the same date i sold it so i am now gutted it may be too late, any advice would be very gratefully appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X