• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

High court writ and bailiff fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High court writ and bailiff fees

I recently had a high court writ issued against me and tried to come to an agreement with the creditor and the the HCO but they wouldn’t agree to a payment plan without visiting and adding fees therefore doubling the debt owed. I sent this back to court and had the writ stayed and the judged ordered and agreed with my payment plan. Does this mean that all fees apart from the compliance stage fee are removed? As the HCEO are stating they are still owed.
    Tags: None

What are they trying to claim? Have you asked them for a breakdown? Who are you actually paying?

Comment

I have a breakdown and have to pay via the HCEO company. They made one visit and charged 2 fees on top of the compliance fee

Comment

Who said you had to pay the HCEO? Which company is it - DCBL perhaps? What did the actual order from the Court say - is it possible you can load a redacted copy?

Did you know about the original CCJ & was there a particular reason why it never got paid?

Comment

The high court agents are HCE company. The order only states that the writ is stayed and I’m ordered to pay £150 pm from a set date each month until the debt is settled. However today I had a letter from the creditor asking for the first payment due to the writ being stayed, I called them and explained that I had paid the HCE company. They’ve instructed their solicitors to claim the money and have also said that as it’s stayed I don’t have to pay the High court agents fees but that was only the creditors legal dept.

Comment

Because the creditor originally wouldn’t take a payment plan I intended to set one up via the courts but unfortunately I had to go abroad for work and therefore couldn’t attend my court date hence the escalation to the High courts

Comment

HCE Group are usually pretty amenable but I suppose in the current climate a £ is a £ which is why they took the stance they have. I would go down the route of paying as instructed by the Claimant then if anything goes pear shaped you can show you were doing as requested. Don't forget though that payment being late by only 1 day will result in the Stay being removed and enforcement continuing without prior notice. Let the solicitors argue the toss with the enforcement company.

Comment

Am I still liable for the bailiffs fees? I’ve looked at the court paperwork and it says suspended?? I’m confused, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X