• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ removal from Credit File

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ removal from Credit File

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance regarding the matter below.

So the situation is this... back in 2015 I was going through a period of severe depression and buried my head in the sand regarding this particular debt.
    The short of it is that I was issued with a CCJ in September 2015. I received all of the paperwork, but typically for someone with my issues at the time ignored it - thinking the issue would magically go away. Things in my life came to a head in December 2015 when I started seeking help, and with the help of my parents the CCJ was settled and fully paid off on the 16th December and this is reflected in my credit report.

Since then, my life has been getting back on track and am going from strength to strength - especially in my career. I currently work in the financial services sector.
    I have been recently approached by a headhunter with a very attractive role that would be the next logical step in my career. However, the company will not consider anyone with a CCJ linked to them - even if it is fully paid off. I fear that this will also be the case for any role at a similar level to the one I am looking at. This is the only negative on my credit history (I have no other defaults / late payments etc).

Ive been doing a bit of research, but find myself getting lost in a maze of conflicting advice and procedures.

I know in my circumstance that a set aside would not be applicable due to the length of time that has passed, and that documentation was correctly sent and received (but ignored).

I have read that a consent order may help in my situation, but wanted to know if this actually has a realistic chance of succeeding?
    If it does... what exact steps would I need to take to actually apply to the court (Northampton County Court Business Centre).

Many thanks again for any advice that can be given.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X