• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal Letter of Claim - Change of adress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal Letter of Claim - Change of adress

Dear all,

I hope I am in the right place and sorry If I am starting a new thread or I haven't search for similar posts but I am running out of time.

NPC has issued a notice on my name on the 17th of November and the contravention was made on the 15th of November 2018. I parked on a private parking and no paid for the parking session.
    The 1st of November 2018 I moved house and therefore I have never received any correspondence.

In April cant remember the ext. date my old landlord called me and told me I had correspondence at my old place to collect. There was few letters from BW legal and from NPC.
    I called straight away BW legal and explained that I never received any letter and I offered to pay the original fee which was £60 pounds. They told me to email them with any evidence supporting my claim.
    I emailed them with a supporting page from the DVLA website where showed that my new driving licence with my new address was issued on the 15th of November 2018.
    They came back to me saying the unfortunately the penalty is issued using the owner keep register and therefore the amount was due in full £160 or to prove otherwise within 14 days. I have contacted right after the DVLA and asked to know when they received my book log request of change addressee. DVLA told me it could take up to a month.
    I emailed then back BW legal said that I offered to pay again £60 pound as I never received any letter and that was my final statement. They replied that their client doesn't intend to settle and the amount was due in full.
    I have then received a final notice letter which I have ignored and now received a letter of claim which I should send back to the them by the 21st of August.

What advice is there for any reply/appeal now it has gone to this stage and how I should fill in this letter of claim?

Many thanks

Tags: None

What do you mean by letter of claim that you must return to them?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C2CAD640-D71A-4E8D-B535-AC3F086662F0.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1482473
      They have sent me this and is written I should send it back by the 21st of August.
      Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X