• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Finding Court Records

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finding Court Records

    Over the past 2 years I have invested in so called Peer to Peer lending. For example myself and 5000 others will invest in a property development project through an online platform eg "Mousey Lending Ltd" who will act as an agent on our behalf. We will then take a percentage of the interest.

    Several platforms have had difficulty in obtaining repayment from the borrowers and have commenced legal action. In one notable case (https://www.3harecourt.com/assets/as...3_44227436.pdf) the borrower has obtained permission to join the lenders to the claim against the agent. In that specific case - BL-2018-000367 - the claim has been heard at the Rolls Building. Some of the investors have set up an alert on their daily cause list (http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/cou...t-cause-rolls2) to notify them then hearings have been taking place and we've been able to attend them to take notes. Using CE-File we were able to obtain copies of the POC and defences which has been useful.

    Due to various reasons the Agent has not been forthcoming with information about these cases and as such we've had to take to investigate ourselves. We have reason to suspect another borrower will be taking action at the High Court in Birmingham but I can't seem to find a cause list similar to the Rolls Building or any sort of CE-File. How do the systems at these courts work... as in how can a member of the public search and indeed access records if they exist?
    Tags: None

  • #2

    If you want to find out the cause list for courts outside London then you will need to pay a subscription of sorts. For example, CourtServe is one such subscription service though not sure if they offer lists for regional High Courts.

    Check out some useful guides below

    A guide to voluntary termination
    Seting aside a CCJ
    Completing an N180 Form

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Some of the content I post may include example wording, letters, or other similar responses but they are intended purely for informational and educational purposes. Using some or all of the content I post may fail to meet your needs that is specific to your situation. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice and you can do this through the Law Society's Find a Solicitor database, by contacting your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or legal advice centres such as LawWorks. You may also be able to seek legal advice from your local university who may run a free (but limited) legal advice clinic to members of the public.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    1 of 2 < >


    Pre-Action Letters
    First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request
    Subject Access Request Letter
    Example Defence
    Set Aside Application
    Witness Statements
    Directions Questionnaire

    If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

    NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
    Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

    Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

    If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

    We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
    If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
    2 of 2 < >

    Need Formal Help?

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm