• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court error - Put ccj I won on MY credit record

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court error - Put ccj I won on MY credit record

Yes, I won a ccj against a company but after getting a phone message from my credit card company to say that my credit limit had dropped from £6K to £500 I wondered what was going on.

So I checked my credit record and sitting on there was the ccj that should be on the Company's credit record!

I phoned the court and eventually someone took responsibility for this and within minutes had it set aside. The paperwork arrived this morning along with a notice "A notification will be issued to the Keeper of the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines for the entry to be removed because the judgement was set aside"

So how do I get this taken off my credit record or will it come off automatically?

Obviously this is a huge error on behalf of the court and my credit rating has taken a nosedive.
    Tags: None

I think you may have a problem in that the judgement was set aside, ie the judgment in your favour never happened. Hopefully you have already collected what you claimed for.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      I think you may have a problem in that the judgement was set aside, ie the judgment in your favour never happened. Hopefully you have already collected what you claimed for.
      Well the High Court Baliffs went in last week and collected the money. I do hope I don't have to go to court again because of a mistake being made by the Courts.

It's getting it removed from my own credit record that is worrying me. How do I do that?

Comment

Well at least you have the money. Setting it aside should do the trick of removing the erroneous listing but do keep checking and pointing it out to them

Comment

Well I am pleased to say that it has disappeared off my Equifax report so it should disappear from the rest within about 28 days I guess.

In the meantime the Company I won the ccj from have put in a set aside application the day the baliffs went round saying they didn't receive in the post the judges directive to them to put in a summery of their defence.

They did this before when I yet an earlier ccj against them saying that the court papers had gone to a neighbours address.

I wonder how many times they can keep getting this set aside as they say they didn't receive papers!

So now there is a set aside to set aside a set aside on the record!

You couldn't make all this up could you!?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X