• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General Form of Judgment or Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Form of Judgment or Order

Hello
    I am hoping someone can advise me, I have just received general form of judgment or order which states that the claimant must pay the defendants costs of the action.
    I am the defendant as I have been awarded costs, after some research I noticed that the claiment on their title deeds it states

RESTRICTIONS: No disposition by a sole proprietor of the registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.

This action by the claiment on their title deeds has been carried out approx half way through proceedings.
    So therefore would it be possible if someone could clarify what this actually means.
    Is this a deliberate attempt to hide or secure the assests and to make it look like he has no money.
    If so where does that leave me?

Netfast
    Tags: None

Originally posted by netfast View Post
    Hello
    I am hoping someone can advise me, I have just received general form of judgment or order which states that the claimant must pay the defendants costs of the action.
    I am the defendant as I have been awarded costs, after some research I noticed that the claiment on their title deeds it states

RESTRICTIONS: No disposition by a sole proprietor of the registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.

This action by the claiment on their title deeds has been carried out approx half way through proceedings.
    So therefore would it be possible if someone could clarify what this actually means.
    Is this a deliberate attempt to hide or secure the assests and to make it look like he has no money.
    If so where does that leave me?

Netfast
    Sorry i may have missed something here, but what has the title deeds got to do with a cost award? And more importantly have the costs been assessed so you have a figure that C has to pay or are the costs to be subject to assessment?
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Without going into to much detail, it is going to cost a lot for us to go after the costs. After spending out a substantial amount of money already overall.
      Therefore we were trying to ascertain as to whether it would be worth us applying for the costs.
      As mentioned already the claiment looks like he is off loading his assets? That is why I was not quite sure what the title deeds were implying.
      The costs are subject to assessment but is likely to be thousands.

Comment

That restriction indicates that the property is owned by two people as tenants in common and that one of them alone cannot sell the property.

Comment

Thank you Des8 for the information.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X