• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgment for claimant

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Judgment for claimant

    I have received a judgement for claimant ( after determination ) . The courtbids the County Court Business Centre Northampton and the company claiming are Shoosmiths LLP.
    due to having years of burying my head in the sand I am currently paying off my debts. With these payments and other commitments I made an offer of £30 per month which they have rejected and are asking for £184 a month which i cannot afford ... Any advice please ?..
    Tags: None

  • #2
    What amount per month does the judgment order you to pay?


    • #3
      Originally posted by CLL1 View Post
      What amount per month does the judgment order you to pay?
      £184 per month


      • #4
        I'd assume, then, that the judge considers your disposable income has at least that much free to pay (based on what you put on your income and expenditure). Is that a fair comment?


        • #5
          No it will be a struggle


          • #6
            A struggle, perhaps, but not impossible? A court will expect you to have listed all income and expenditure and if you have at least £184.00 per month available, the court will consider that that is affordable.


            • #7
              Read https://debtcamel.co.uk/ccj-monthly-payment-form/ and think if you should reduce what you are paying to come other debts or if the £184 is simply unreasonable.

              If you are within 14 days, you may be able to ask for a "redetermination" of the amount you have been asked to pay, see https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...ntsonaccj.aspx. This is free -talk to National Debtline (who wrote that factsheet) urgently about how to do this and what to offer.

              After 14 days you have to apply to "vary the judgment" and there will be a charge unless you are on a low income.


              • #8
                Changing a court order for debt - Citizens Advice

                This advice applies to England ... The court order means that you have to pay back the money you owe to your creditor, either in instalments or in full by a certain ...


                View our Terms and Conditions

                LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

                If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


                1 of 2 < >


                Pre-Action Letters
                First Steps
                Check dates
                Acknowledge Claim
                CCA Request
                CPR 31.14 Request
                Subject Access Request Letter
                Example Defence
                Set Aside Application
                Witness Statements
                Directions Questionnaire

                If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

                NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
                Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

                Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

                If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

                We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
                If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
                2 of 2 < >

                Need Formal Help?

                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                Find a Law Firm

                See more
                See less

                Court Claim ?

                Guides and Letters

                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                Find a Law Firm