• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice for an individual trying to enforce a contract commitment made by a Plc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for an individual trying to enforce a contract commitment made by a Plc

Hi there,

I'd really appreciate some advice on a dispute that I have found myself in with a former employer.

Background: I was contracted as an 'introducer' to identify new opportunities for a large media/tech agency. My role was to act on behalf of 'Supplier X' (the Plc) and cultivate relationships with prospective clients. If 'Supplier X' subsequently entered into a contract with a new client I had introduced, I would receive a commission on the total contract value. The boundaries of my relationship with Supplier X were all captured in a contract which was signed by the CFO of the Plc and myself.

I initiated a process with a client, lets call them Client A, and Supplier X submitted a full application for the tender and were shortlisted as one of two preferred suppliers by Client A. For various reasons I ended my employment with Supplier X (on good terms), but my contract stayed valid for a further 12 months as the tender processes can just take a bit of time to complete. 3 months later I was told by Supplier X that their tender submission had failed and it had been awarded to a competitor. Then 6 months later, I learned that the competitors deal stalled and the contract was subsequently awarded to Supplier X.

I wrote to Supplier X to remind them of their contractual obligation to me. Their response was to describe that my contract no longer stood because Client A had actually appointed a third-party supplier who then sub-contracted to Supplier X, therefore they owed me nothing.

I wrote to them to say that the third-party is no grounds to side-step their obligations and that they needed to provide proof that they haven't simply entered into a contract with Client A as originally aimed for.

At this point they sent me a letter which effectively stated that the burden of proof is on me and if I take the issue further they will 'vigorously defend themselves and pursue me for costs'

Does anybody have any advice for how I should approach this?

Many thanks in advance

C

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X