• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston's on a Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston's on a Sunday

Hi all!!
    I actually as advocate for my husband who is ill.
    He received a Fixed penalty notice for speeding and Marston's has been in to him for £485. It went this high as he lost his Incapacity benefit with all the changes, I work part time and have to meet the mortgage and other priority bills etc. I paid £300 off at the end of August stating to Marston's the balance would be cleared as soon as I could raise the rest which will be by 20th November.

It's Saturday night and another one has appeared at my door claiming he is coming back tomorrow ( Sunday) for the rest. I spoke into his little camera he had there stating that my gusbahu was vulnerable as he is ill. He has gone to his sons for 2 hours to watch football, the baliff wanted to know where that was! I said, not telling you it's none of your business. Can you phone him? I did to show willing but his phone was off ( don't blame him he's going for a break, he has coronary heart disease,ptsd from service in armed forces, and vascular lesions in his brain. We have a motability vegivveon my daughter's DLA/PiP so I told him not to get excited. I also state that but was made clear to Marston's that our "luxury good" of any value are rented and told them who from.
    This guy is claiming he is coming back Sunday by 6pm for payment or seize goods.
    I did I would have to check him out and what he's claiming asbim sure they need permission to act on a Sunday? I might wrong. What's changed if so? He showed me no paperwork except the usual sheet they give you with yours and their details on.
    When I said I would have to check out what he claimed I closed my door and locked it even with him attempting to stop me doing so, he didn't put up much resistance but saw him running to his vehicle and making a quick exit out of the street after attempting to knock on my door again.
    So even after stating when I will clear the balance that now stands at £185 still, no costs added, what next and can he work on a Sunday?
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

NO He is breaking the LAW! ask to see ID then check him out!! Call the Police it sounds like a scam!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suger Babe View Post
      NO He is breaking the LAW! ask to see ID then check him out!! Call the Police it sounds like a scam!!
      Incorrect. Enforcement Agents can work 6am - 9pm per day 7 days per week since the introduction of the new regulations back in 2014. There are a few exceptions Xmas Day, Easter Sunday etc.

How many visits have you had?

Comment

Why are Marstons bothering? They have had £300 from this lady and appear to have accepted her proposed timetable of paying the remaining £185 in 3 weeks time. Surely, only if that payment is not forthcoming, would it be worth their while to visit again? Or are they hoping to keep heaping further charges on, so the OP can never be rid of this debt?

In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about threats to seize furniture. Unless you have a few choice Chippendale pieces, none of it will raise enough at auction to even cover the cost of removal.

Comment

I guess they are bothering because August to November is some 4 months or so and they normally only get 90 days before the Warrant has to be returned.I would also guess that if you take their fees (£310) off the original £485 then the FPN had escalated to some £175. As it was a speeding offence then the chances are it also included points being added and if the licence has not been returned for this then it could very well have been revoked meaning the debtor is now driving without a licence & his insurance will be void as well - this must be checked to see what the current state of play is.

As for vulnerability then this is not quite so clear cut these days and I would suggest that any claim should be made direct to Marstons in writing, copies should be retained to hand to any attending Enforcement Agent. In the OPs case it could be looked at the husband is capapble of driving and visiting on his own so there might be a bit of difficulty in getting that to work.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X