• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ being Set Aside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ being Set Aside

Hopefully a quickie!

I did not receive the original CCJ and had to pay to have it set aside.

I have this date and had it set to my local court, now the solicitors of the company that took me to court are saying to save costs they are willing to consent to the judgment being set aside, but it says the following:

“Judgment dated ** 2018 is set aside on the condition that the Defendant files and serves a fully particularised Defence within 14 days of the date of this Order;”

Can someone clarify what they are asking for here?

Many thanks

NNN
    Tags: None

They want details of how you intend to defend the CCJ. Setting it aside doesn't solve the debt problem, it just rolls it back to where there wasn't a CCJ because you never got the papers. So the court process will usually just start again and you have to defend it, otherwise you just get a new CCJ with a slightly later date which have been pointless.

Do you have a potential defence? or are you planning to pay the debt?

Comment

Thanks for your reply DC

Yes, I do have a defense.

Do I do this in a bullet point format?

NNN

Comment

Is this phrase contained in the consent order being agreed for the set aside ? If so, it doesn't mean they want your defence now, just that the court should order the defence be filed and served within 14 days of the order being made. Yes you should prepare your defence but you do not need to disclose it to the other side at this stage.

What are the other terms on the draft order ?

Judgment be set aside
        Defence be filed in 14 days

anything else? eg. No order as to costs etc

depending on your reasons for applying to set aside you should ask for your costs of the application (£255) did you ask for consent before applying ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X