• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taken to Court by UK Parking Patrol Office Limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taken to Court by UK Parking Patrol Office Limited

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time here I hope I can get some help.

On the 19th Sept 18 there was a served letter from the court by UK Parking Patrol Office Limited, (UKPPO) the defendant believe's it was for an alleged parking violation from 2016. The defendant thinks this was for an incident where the driver had parked in a Blue Badge area as the registered keeper is a Blue Badge holder and were present when the alleged incident took place. However the said badge had fallen off the dash onto the floor but was still visible if you looked closely inside the car.

Both returned to the car after about 20-30 minutes to find a ticket from UKPPO, they didn't respond to the letters from UKPPO as both were advised by a 3rd party that private parking companies lie about taking court action and more importantly the badge was present. The defendant should have taken a picture but didn't.

Unfortunately the defendant cannot be totally sure if this was indeed the incident they are being taken to court for, as the particulars of the claim are not very specific.

The defendant has never defended a court case before and cannot afford the exorbitant amount UKPPO are claiming. Can anyone please advise the defendant how to build a defence to this case?

The defendant have already completed an acknowledgement of service and stated they will be fully defending the case.

Thanks in advance.
    Court Letter
    Last edited by DaddyDaycare; 30th September 2018, 14:14:PM.
    Tags: None

So edit so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Have you got the paperwork for the alleged breach? IOf not write to Gladstones and request that in order to narrow the issues between you a copy of all the documents that they will be using in the claim is sent to you. You demand, as they will have all the documents to hand prior to raising the claim, that this will be within 7 days.

It's not very specific because Gladstones do not know the details of the case.

Comment

Hello Community

I sent a CPR request the the oppositions solicitors and I have received no response from them. I have less than a week from today to file a defence and I don't know what to do next can anyone advise ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X