• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Discovered ID Fraud that includes CCJS - help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovered ID Fraud that includes CCJS - help

Hello folks

Recently I discovered that an account had been taken out in my name at an address I've never lived at or resided before (its 200 miles away). Seems someone used my name and then my current address as their previous address to obtain credit. This seems to have been around 2012/2013 period.

After hearing from Lowell at my real address for one credit account I've discovered by a performing credit reference search that at the address these frauds occurred there are two CCJ's in my name, still registered at the unknown address.

I've reported to Action Fraud but what do I do about these two CCJ's without it costing ME money to have them set aside?

Any any any advice/ letters/templates would be most gratefully received.

K

Tags: None

Was it a letter you received from Lowell asking for payment of one of the judgments ? Is the other judgment also Lowell ?

Your first step is to gather the information, what the CCJ's are and how they got linked to your address.

How long have you lived at your current address?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Was it a letter you received from Lowell asking for payment of one of the judgments ? Is the other judgment also Lowell ?

Your first step is to gather the information, what the CCJ's are and how they got linked to your address.

How long have you lived at your current address?

I've lived here since 1992. Looks as if someone used my name and used my current address as their previous address.

The first I knew of the debts was Lowell having court summons for a mobile phone sent to me for an account in 2013 at this other address. I've been trying to prove that wasn't me with them.

Did the credit ref search on their advice and discovered that this other address has 2 separate CCJ's registered 2015 and 2017 plus a bank account showing nil balance and a catalogue debt,

I've written to bank and catalogue just can't work out what to do about the CCJ's

Comment

Have you spoken to the mobile phone company about the one you're dealing with with Lowell at all ?

It's often best to go back to the start and try and get the documents from when the accounts were opened - it should show up any discrepancies in the information given - such as wrong date of birth etc. You can also call the bank, catalogue, the judgment holders of the two CCJs, and the mobile phone company would be a good starting point and ask them to send you the relevant information ( and report the accounts as fraudulent ). YOu may not be able to get through the DPA Security questions to begin with. It may be a tracing error with one of the lenders in the past which has linked everything to your address, rather than an identity fraud. So I'd do the background first, which will help if you then have to go on to have the Judgments set aside ( but if they have been wrongly linked to your address and thus your credit file, and entered wrongly in the Register of Judgments ( have you checked that at trustonline ? ) you might be able to just get everything unlinked from you without having to do set aside applications )

I'd also ring the court ( northampton ccbc https://courttribunalfinder.service....ss-centre-ccbc ) with the claim numbers ( if they don't show on the credit file they will be on Trust Online which is the actual register of judgments ) to ask for copies of the claim form and judgments explaining you have just found out about them and are looking at having them set aside.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X