• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pre 2004 debt, CCJ and Interim Charging Order Letter Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 2004 debt, CCJ and Interim Charging Order Letter Help Needed

Hi,

Just for background - we moved into our current address at the end of December 2003 and had contacted all of our banks, credit card issuers, utilities, electoral register etc. within a couple of months of us getting in and we had left forwarding details with the landlord of the property.

My wife today received a letter from a solicitors about an Interim Charging Order from PRA Group(UK) Ltd which has us both puzzled.

There is an Interim Charging Order dated 8/8/18 which states that "a judgement or order given on 28 October 2016 by the County Court Business Centre in claim no XXXXXXX ordered the defendant ('the judgement debtor') to pay money to the judgement creditor;" - we have not had any details about this, indeed this is the first that we have heard about it. She rang the solicitors and asked what it was about, apparently it is from an MBNA credit card that she used to have.

This card was paid off in late 2004, she had been in touch with MBNA, asked them for a settlement figure and then, after it had arrived, she sent off a cheque and we have had no further communication from them ever since. Unfortunately we no longer have the records for this as they have long since been shredded and over the 12 months from late 2003 to late 2004 we had been moving house, getting building work done, planning for our wedding and her mother had just died from cancer so things were a bit frantic.

On the N379 form we have received it gives the date of the judgement given as 28/10/2016 and has my wife's address as being the (rented) house we lived in in 2003.

We already have 2 secured loans on the property, which I would presume take precedence.

As there has been no contact from MBNA for over a decade (they were obviously told of the change of address for the purposes of the settlement) and prior to this letter arriving neither of us had even heard of PRA Group and with the dates involved what is our next step?

Any help would be appreciated as my wife is very upset by this and we don't have documents dating back that long to simply photocopy and send.
    Tags: None

Subject Access Request Letter send to MBNA? sure others will comment also

Amethyst

Comment

Don't have the account number or any details, will that matter? TBH I can't even remember if the cheque was cashed as we had that much going on and so much money being paid out left, right and centre it was difficult to keep track but I know for a fact that we've had no correspondence from either MBNA for over a decade or from PRA at all!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X