• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset Collections - Issued Court Proceedings in spite of ongoing complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Collections - Issued Court Proceedings in spite of ongoing complaint

ok, let's take it from the top. I received a random email from Asset Collections telling me that I needed to contact them before they issued court proceedings for an old Lending Stream account. I tried to call them but every call was either dropped when it was being transferred or the person I needed to speak to wasn't available and they'd take a message for that person to call me back, but no one ever did. I sent them multiple emails asking for a call back but no one responded, I just kept receiving random emails from them threatening action. They emailed me to say they had issued court proceedings and I tried again to contact them by phone and email to no avail. They then emailed me to say if I didn't contact them they were going to ask the court to enter a judgement by default - I had received no claim pack from the court, had no opportunity to defend the claim or even speak to a person from Asset Collections. I made a massive formal complaint, which I finally received acknowledgement for and after some pushing they emailed me to say that further action had been halted whilst the complaint was being investigated - that was 5 and 1/2 weeks ago. Yesterday I received court documents from asset collections with no court seal, stapled together not the usual court booklet and there was no money claim reference number/login details. I've contacted the court and they've confirmed that the claim reference is genuine.

I've emailed Asset Collections another mammoth complaint asking what they hell they think they're playing at, issuing court proceedings when I've been told the account was on hold pending the investigation of my complaint. The best of it is, my complaint is about them refusing to communicate with me about the account yet they've cited the grounds for the claim as ""The defendant has either failed to respond to the claimant or maintain a regular payment arrangement, thus denying the claimant any opportunity in assisting the defendant in attempting to bring the matter to an amicable conclusion" they're saying I've failed to communicate with them, it's got to be some kind of joke!?!

I've contacted the Financial Ombudsman for advice on how I can escalate the complaint but given that Asset Collections are still within their 8 week window to respond I don't think the Financial Ombudsman can review the claim. I've no confidence in Asset Collections responding to my latest complaint within a reasonable time frame that can stop these court proceedings from moving forward. I'm not sure what to do next? I was thinking of sending a complaint by recorded mail to Asset Collections but is there something more effective I can send them by recorded mail that will force them to respond?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    E
    Tags: None

Firstly, sorry, you need to deal with the court claim - then we can look at Asset.

So what is the actual position - what are the documents you have received ? Is it the claim form, or a draft of, pending the court sending a copy out to you ? Could you possibly do a picture covering up personal details please if you aren't sure. And could you post the full particulars of claim pls (if you don't just do a pic of the documents )

Let's make sure you're safe court claim wise then look at the rest

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X