• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim after University failed to deliver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim after University failed to deliver

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum and have been looking at a few posts of interest. I have recently received a court claim demanding £1400 to settle my tuition fees from my University.

To add more context to my case: I am a PHD student and the relationship with my supervisors broke down beyond repair. I have complained to the Director of studies citing bullying and unreasonable demands from my supervisors and there was no response. The treatment received from the supervisors have left me needing medical intervention resulting in me pulling out of my studies.
    I have been paying for my tuition fees by instalments until the point when I felt that I wasn’t getting any value for my money. I reached this decision after having spent 12 months with 1 supervisor instead of the allocated 2 supervisors due to the other one having taken a career break. I was left with a supervisor who lacked subject knowledge in the area of my studies.

I would like to defend this claim on the basis that:
    1. The service received from the University breached the terms of the contract.
    2. The University failed in its duty of care.

I have also been paying for my tuition fees using my Credit Card. Is it possible to make a charge back claim based Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 from the Credit card provider and use this as part of my defence to this claim?

Ideally, I would have wanted the University to recall the Court claim until the complaint has been dealt with but I am wondering if my requests might fall on to deaf ears.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me prepare a solid defence as I cannot continue to pay for services that have fallen short.

Many thanks

Dudley
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X