• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Action Received - Land Registry Notice & Restriction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Action Received - Land Registry Notice & Restriction

Hello all and hope this is in the right area for posting this...if not I can remove and repost if directed, thanks.

Ok here we go...the sob story....I have had my head in the sand about all my debts for years, mostly from losing my job in 2009, family loss before and after and some health issues since but none of that really matters as the ball keeps rolling...so to now!

Where having had Land Registry contact me (a second time) with regards to both a RESTRICTION & an AGREED NOTICE (for 2 separate debts), it is clear that this cannot continue so I have to do something about it, so if anyone can give me some advice or point me in the right direction of what I can/should do then I would greatly appreciate it!

Not sure about how much info you need but will provide as much as possible, in as concise a way I can (I am able to scan any of the documents I refer to herein if needed).

Debt 1: £3018.44 (inc. costs/interest/fines)
    Original Creditor: halifax
    Original Loan Date: This was a bank account and monies owed is overdraft
    Original Loan Amount: £2000 (overdraft limit)
    Debt Company(s): Cabot
    Solicitor(s): Mortimer & Clarke
    Date of Land Registry contact: 27/06/18
    Action of Land Registry: Document B132 ‐ ENTRY OF AN AGREED NOTICE

Notes: I have no old bank account documents from Halifax but can always request them? Not sure if that is possible...
    Have previously made payments (of £1 & £10 an agreed payment plan) but no payments made for over 6/7 years

Debt 2: £8501.21 (inc. costs/interest/fines)
    Original Creditor: Northern Rock
    Original Loan Date: 2007/2008
    Original Loan Amount: £7000
    Debt Company(s): HPH2 EX SANDTANDER UK PLC, Robinsons, Hoist Portfolio (which is also the same company as HPH2...I think)
    Solicitor(s): Howard Cohen
    Date of Land Registry contact: 24/08/17
    Action of Land Registry: Document B136 (CO) ‐ AN APPLICATION TO REGISTER A RESTRICTION AGAINST THE LAND

Notes: The original creditor loan was taken out with Northern Rock but I do not have any of the old documents
    Not sure of the exact date that I took out this loan but think it was at the end of 2007 early 2008
    I have not made payments to them for over 6/7 years but their documentation states £0 paid at all ‐ I would have to request old bank statements to confirm

Guess the question is can I do anything about having these removed?
    Are the debts still enforceable?
    Should I ask the Debt Companies for the date of the original loans? I think they got the charging orders in before the end of the 6 year period for collection (not that I was playing it that way just from what I have read recently.
    Can I still ask them to provide proof of debt?
    Is requesting a CCA pointless now?
    Do I go back to original creditors with a DSAR?

i understand that it is a horse bolted situation but even if it is to go back and work out a payment plan with the original creditor then so be it just do not like to pay DCA having read about them and I am not sure I am even asking the right questions. Ideally I just want to get this straight and cut the worry about losing my house and find a way to become debt free!

Really, any advice given is sorely needed. If you need more info about the situation or about me then please ask.

Thank you,
    Bob
    Tags: None

If what you want to do is get things back on an even keel and pay off the debts at an affordable rate, or take such other action as is appropriate, then you should probably start by contacting National Debtline a charitable organisation recommended by the UK government (i.e. not one of those 'well put you into a debt restructuring agreement and charge you £3,000 for the luxury' thieves who popped up some years ago).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X