• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantis dca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantis dca

Hi
    im new to this & hope someone here can advise me.
    I took a temporary tenancy at will for a pub prior to the building being sold by Punch Taverns. This was in November 2012 & solely so the staff kept their jobs until they found new ones as it was just prior to Christmas. The pub was previously leased by my step daughter who had lost the lease ( debt) .Anyway part of the problem was a faulty electricity meter that was running up horrendous bills. British Gas had placed a check meter next to the installed meter but had put it in the wrong place so the faulty meter was checking the check meter.
    when we took the pub on I set up a limited Company with myself as director. I had no wish to jeopardise my own position as I was fully employed elsewhere & mainly covering admin & evenings. The first Gas bill i received was for £108 which was paid by the Ltd Company, the next bill was for some £3000 for the quarter. At this point I wrote to British Gas disputing the bill ( & reminding them of the check meter) I asked them to sort the problem & revise the bill. I didnt receive any further bill or engineer despite several calls to their customer services.
    the pub was sold in June 2013 & we were due to close the doors on 13th August 2013. At this point I wrote a standard letter re dissolving the Company& asking for any final invoices to be submitted.
    after 3 months the Company was dissolved & struck off by Companies House.
    Last week I got a letter from Advantis DCA asking was I the person who occupied the pub? I ignored the letter & over the weekend Ive now had another stating I owe British Gas over £7000? ..for approx 6months electricity!!!
    ive checked my credit status & theres nothing there for this at all...Am I liable to pay this? HELP someone what do I do ?
    Tags: None

Not sure if I’ve posted this in the right place ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X