• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with witness statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with witness statement

Hi I'm new here and wanted to see if anyone could provide some help with preparing a witness statement. A brief summary of the situation is that I have a hearing scheduled for June 12th after being taken to court by PRA/BW Legal for an old PDL from 2011. The situation is complicated by the fact that I have no recollection of entering an agreement with the original creditor, which was my original defence, so have ordered old bank statements which are on route but won't arrive before I have to file and serve my statement. What I am sure of is that I have never received a default notice (in fact I've never heard anything about this 'debt' until then end of last year when they started court action) and the reconstituted default notice that I have been provided with in BW Legal's bundle is definitely not a valid and true representation of one that would have been issued at the time. I think that PRA are aware that I haven't received one as in their witness statement received last week they have suddenly produced a letter that they said they sent to me just before they started the court action (not included in the original court bundle they prepared btw) which was a default notice issued by them on their paperwork on behalf of the original creditor. I suppose what I have in mind is running 2 defences - first that no agreement was executed and no money received - although this may collapse when I receive the statements from the bank - and secondly that a valid default notice was never sent or received. Any advice would be welcomed on this as the whole thing has hit me out of the blue and I'm not really sure how to proceed?
    Tags: None

Just wanted to add - not sure if the reconstituted CCA they have supplied is valid either any way to check?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X