• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DQ returned to me as name I have completed it in the 'wrong' name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQ returned to me as name I have completed it in the 'wrong' name

I am at a total loss, now!

I changed my name - legally - over 6 years ago: my first name by deed poll, my surname by marriage 5 days later (long story, and not relevant here!).

I am in the midst of a court claim. I returned my DQ, filled in with my current, LEGAL name (not the name on the claim) as I didn't want to break the law by signing in a name that no longer legally exists. The DQ has been returned to me (yep, that makes sense now that I've thought about it!), and I have been asked to resend it in the correct name. I called the court, it was suggested that I have filed my defence as the original name - I most definitely did not. I have just checked the AOS and defence, I completed both in my current name.

I am so... fried!... with all of this! Should I just have ignored the claim forms? How would the claimant have been able to pursue me? How do the court propose to enforce any judgement (if there is one) when I am legally registered in a different name (with all of the proof/evidence that anyone could wish for)?

I suppose the simple thing to do is resend the form, signed in my old name? I am really not happy to do that. Although, if it's only going to the court, and not the claimant, that should minimise the risk of a copied signature being 'added' to some agreement somewhere (yes, I've been there before).
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X